Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB accts show charged off/past due balance

tag
Hispanic208
Established Member

IIB accts show charged off/past due balance

I'm having serious issues with two HSBC accounts (now cap one) that were included in bankruptcy when I filed on 9/2011. They have been reporting inaccurately and every time I dispute, they verify it. It is reporting as charged off with past due balances and late payment history after bk. I even recently got two letters from HSBC that basically stated that the have received numerous disputes from me and as a result they will only report the trade lines as charged off with the past due balance amounts. I was livid. I tried reaching out to capital executive Office but they haven't really helped. I don't know what to do at that point. I just tried emailing capital one CEO. I am very frustrated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Re: IIB accts show charged off/past due balance

@Hispanic208 wrote:
I'm having serious issues with two HSBC accounts (now cap one) that were included in bankruptcy when I filed on 9/2011. They have been reporting inaccurately and every time I dispute, they verify it. It is reporting as charged off with past due balances and late payment history after bk. I even recently got two letters from HSBC that basically stated that the have received numerous disputes from me and as a result they will only report the trade lines as charged off with the past due balance amounts. I was livid. I tried reaching out to capital executive Office but they haven't really helped. I don't know what to do at that point. I just tried emailing capital one CEO. I am very frustrated.

I've been having the same problem with Chase.  Only two days ago did we find out that it had been sold prior to our filing.  We had no idea since the CA that bought it never once contacted.  Yesterday, I emailed the CEO and heard back from their executive office just a couple hours later.  I'm not sure what they'll do for us.

Message 2 of 6

What I want to know is what are the rules? I am having the same problem. I simply cannot get all of my tradelines to remove the "Current Balance Due" and it is seriously skewing my debt-to-income ratio. I get so frustrated dealing with the 3 credit bureaus because it seems like the consumer has absolutely no recourse if something is wrong. Is there anyone on these forums that knows if the FCRA or BK code deals with this situation? 

Trans FICO = 660 (01/6/2013) Equifax FICO = 654 (01/6/2013) Experian PLUS = 656 (1/6/2013)
Wallet = AMEX Prepaid with $300 every 2 weeks deposited, Cap One (Formerly Orchard Bank) $500 CL in SOCK-DRAWER, Credit One Bank Visa $1000 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, Discover Matrix $300 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, Fingerhut Charge Account $300 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, and Barclaycard MC with $1300 CL
Goal.....To break 750-775 by the end of 2013
DId not reach my 2012 Goal of 700... :-((
Message 3 of 6
Hispanic208
Established Member

If the accounts were included in bankruptcy, they must update the balance to $0. I suggest you file a complaint with the BBB and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. In my situation, I have been tryiing to deal directly with the OC (Capital One) in good faith but they continue to mess up. They recently updated the tradelines again and one account continues to show a past due balance. I will try speaking with th executive office rep again next week. But i'm very close to filing a complaint if it isn't resolved by next week.

Message 4 of 6

At what point though does it become the Credit Bureau's problem for not reporting it correctly? They can obviously see that I am in a Ch. 13, but they continue to report balances on accounts that are also being reported as being IIB?? It's rediculous!

Trans FICO = 660 (01/6/2013) Equifax FICO = 654 (01/6/2013) Experian PLUS = 656 (1/6/2013)
Wallet = AMEX Prepaid with $300 every 2 weeks deposited, Cap One (Formerly Orchard Bank) $500 CL in SOCK-DRAWER, Credit One Bank Visa $1000 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, Discover Matrix $300 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, Fingerhut Charge Account $300 CL in SOCK_DRAWER, and Barclaycard MC with $1300 CL
Goal.....To break 750-775 by the end of 2013
DId not reach my 2012 Goal of 700... :-((
Message 5 of 6
Hispanic208
Established Member

Well I'm not really sure how it should be reporting when in CH13. I think the balances must be updated to $0 once you are discharged. My case was a CH7.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.