Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB / authorized user

tag
OVERIT
Established Member

IIB / authorized user

Hello - was authorized user on 2 of DH accounts that were  included in bankruptcy / is it worth it to dispute as not mine or just leave as is "IIB". Will it make any difference either way?  

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MoreCowbell
Established Member

Re: IIB / authorized user

Sorry, I don't have an answer but have the same question. My BK7 is about to discharge. I have two accounts still showing, both of which I never had cards for and never used; an ex (very ex ex) put me on them years and years ago. 

The Cap 1 card has a $20k limit and he has $15k charged on it. So it has a high utilization rate but is a 15 year old account. They have me listed as an AU. He called to get me removed but as far as I know they still have me on there (I'll get another report after the discharge, to make sure). I hate to be financially entangled with him on this. But Cap 1 was going to be the first card I tried to apply for, post BK, and I'm not sure if it would help or hurt to get myself removed right now. 

The Chase card told him they wouldn't remove me as AU because they say *I* am the primary and HE is the AU. On my credit report they have the account listed as IIB, which it wasn't, as it was never my account. I've searched these boards and it seems like my only option, if they won't remove me, is to leave a message disputing it. But apparently that message will stay on my report for 10 years, perhaps after both the BK and the Chase account itself have fallen off. Maybe it's not worth it. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@OVERIT wrote:

Hello - was authorized user on 2 of DH accounts that were  included in bankruptcy / is it worth it to dispute as not mine or just leave as is "IIB". Will it make any difference either way?  

Thanks. 

How old are these accounts in relation to your AAoA?

Do you have other CCs reporting?

Message 3 of 5
OVERIT
Established Member

They are both from 2008. One of them is listed in credit report as charged off as bad debt with -0- balance. At this point I don't really have any positive CC trade line but I just opened secured card with PNC but hasn't started reporting yet.
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Both accounts are reporting as a negative and are hurting your score. However, the history might be helping more than it hurts. If you are pulling a FICO score (and not a FAKO), and if your AAoA is younger than 4 years, and if you have no other CCs reporting aside from these two and the pending PNC, then I vote for a score drop once removed. You would be removing your oldest revolving and lowering your average age. On the flip side, if these are your youngest accounts, and you have a good mix of credit with other CCs reporting aside from these, then you'd see a significant gain.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.