Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB credit cards still report

tag
turion65x
Valued Member

IIB credit cards still report

Hello not sure if anyone answered this but please forgive me, recently I pulled my Experian CR it shows that some creditors that were included in BK 7 Report every month not sure if this is something normal, it does show zero balance with a comment of included in BK7 discharge, but my concern is this effecting my credit score??

I did file dispute on my Car loan that was PIF ... Not sure if this cause some of the creditors to updated the "last report date"

Can I also mail out some GW letters to some of my IIB account? 

*Discharged 7/08                                                                                                                                              Thanks to all 

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: Gardening Mode! as of 8/25
Goal Score: 725+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening .....
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
turion65x
Valued Member

Re: IIB credit cards still report

Anyone?

Gardening .....
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

A dispute will update that date. It's normal. Per FICO it can impact your score in some cases. Depends on the change.

Yes, you can GW IIB accounts.

Message 3 of 8
turion65x
Valued Member

Experian told me I can file a dispute, do you think that's a good option ..... Have you also heard of creditors deleting  accounts in CR based on there discretion when they receive the GW letter ? Thanks

Gardening .....
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are herds of GW success stories out there. Some creditors are easier than others. YMMV. Search around.

Message 5 of 8
NinjaParadox

I am having similar issues with Chase and my mortgage payments.

I am riding through but didn't reaffirm.

Every month when they report, for some reason FICO considers it a late payment.

It is KILLING my credit score.

2 years after a BK and I have been PERFECT, yet my score is only 604.

I suggest you run your credit report and see when they consider your last late payment to be.

Message 6 of 8
turion65x
Valued Member

Yes, Experian updated my Bk CC and they all came the same way so  I will deff give them a a call

Gardening .....
Message 7 of 8
Freakshow77
Valued Member

I have same situation with a car loan. It wasn't reaffirmed but I'm still paying on it on time every month.

My CR states zero balance, is this hurting my scores? Should I let this car go and get another one? To improve my score? Since I don't think I'm liable for the car anyways?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.