cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate info on CR after bankruptcy. Do these matter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inaccurate info on CR after bankruptcy. Do these matter?

I've been looking over my credit reports a lot over the last week. I noticed a few things -

My house, which was foreclosed on, isn't listed as being included in the bankruptcy. It shows 120+ days past due.

Also, I had a truck loan with GMAC. I continued to pay on that and paid it off but they have it listed as being included in the bankruptcy. 

Are any of these hurting my score? The GMAC loan should help. That started off at about $38k.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: Inaccurate info on CR after bankruptcy. Do these matter?

I had the same problem with my auto. Even though you continued to pay, did you actually reaffirm? If not it will probably continue to show IIB. I would not go through the CRA's, I would go straight to GMAC. The mortgage, I would continue to dispute with the CRA's. II it is not corrected then you will have to send a copy of your BK filing to the CRA's. This is not a quick process because it may get corrected on 1 and not the others but it will eventually get corrected just continue to pursue it.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted GMAC. They said that I need to contact the CRAs. I did that with two and see that it now says "Consumer disputes after resolution". That hasn't corrected the problem though. I believe showing that this loan is paid will be benefical.

Looking at the one for the mortgage more closely, it notes that the loan account is closed or paid. There are two months of it showing paid after a series of 120 days late. Maybe I should leave that one alone?

Message 3 of 8
noel194

If you did not reaffirm your auto loan then it was discharged even if you paid it off after the bankruptcy discharge.  If the mortgage payment was 120 late pre-filing then those lates stay if the lates are after filing they should be removed.

Message 4 of 8
Wantgdcrd
Valued Member

I went around and around with GMAC, I reaffirmed my car and paid it off , never late,  they continued to show IIB , and pays as agreed as status.  I finally disputed with 3 cra and to my surprize they all deleted the tradeline totally rather than show it as a positive. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've disputed GMAC with the 3 agencies. Looking at my report today, it says -

30 days past due as of Oct 2008 to Dec 2008, Jul 2008 
Debt included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on Jan 11, 2010

Completed investigation of FCRA dispute - consumer disagrees.

>>>>

Jan 11th is when I paid the loan off. I see that I can submit a written statement to be added to the account. Thinking about doing that but it probably won't help. Seeing that I had a bankruptcy, I don't know if any of this matters. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a noticed from Equifax today. They say the dispute process is complete. It pretty much says the same as above, that their info is accurate and that the vehicle's loan was included in the bankruptcy.

Should I even bother pursung this anymore or is it just a waste of time? It's been about 3 years since I filed for bankruptcy but if I remember correctly, I was told that everything would be fine if I kept paying on the vehicle. I did that until it was sold and the loan was PIF.  I'd like my payment history to show those payments and the loan paid as agreed. Part of me thinks that it doesn't matter but the other part things it could be hurting my auto FICO score. 

Message 7 of 8
turion65x
Valued Member

Yes same here .... I recently disputed it with experience twice I mailed Citizens auto finance a GW with my PIF letter and another to experian so hopefully they would change it to PIF so it can help my fico.

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: Gardening Mode! as of 8/25
Goal Score: 725+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening .....
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.