Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included in Bankruptcy question on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Included in Bankruptcy question on CR

Hey Guys,

I'm new posting here but basically in June 2014 I applied for Ch 7 bankruptcy and in October 2014 I was discharged. I didn't start my rebuild process until February of this year when I found this forum and learned alot. I started out with 2 capital one cards one Quiksilver one and one Platinum each with a $500 balance and also a Credit one card with a $500 balance. On other news, I just got my 3rd statement and had a $0 balance on both cards and did the CLI and jumped up to $1500 on both cards then PC'd the platinum to a quiksilver card. 

I need your help.

I have been disputing stuff on my report to get it report correctly and recently saw a drop in my TU and had a question for you. I have 3 accounts under TU that under payment status says unknown, it's closed and a $0 balance but in the remarks/comments field it says ch 7 bankruptcy. Before I did the dispute, under payment status it said ch 7 bankruptcy. Whenever I call TU they tell me it shows up as it's supposed to as closed with a $0 balance and included in bankruptcy? Is it correct that that should only show up in the remarks comments field or does it need to say that in payment status? 

Next question, I have one account on Experian that says included in bankruptcy and closed with a $0 balance and it was a utility account that was only open for one month but it shows red for every month from the month I opened the account until the month I filed for bankruptcy? Shouldn't only the month I filed bankruptcy be in red for the late payment history? I also have some accounts that show up as late but closed with a $0 balance and included in bankruptcy should that show up as late as well?

Additional information, my experian shows the bankruptcies correct under payment account status included in bankruptcy and my experian score is the highest at 636, TU is lowest at 573 and was just 590 before it changed the bankruptcy status and Equifax is 589.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Included in Bankruptcy question on CR

Seems like those tradelines are reporting correctly ... $0 balance and IIB. If a tradeline had pate payment at filing, that payment history does not change with a discharge.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Included in Bankruptcy question on CR

Hey ezdriver,

So basically it doesn't make a difference if it says included in bankruptcy only in the remarks/comments section rather than in the payment account status section? The reason I ask is because Experian has it in the payment account status section and my scores are almost 60-70 pts higher as where Equifix and Transunion say payment account status unknown and then in the remarks section is says chapter 7 bankruptcy. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.