Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Included my vehicle in ch 7 filing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Included my vehicle in ch 7 filing

Hi All!

I filed for bk on July 1 and  I had my 341 meeting last week.  My question is regarding my vehicle.  I included it in the bk to go back to the lender.  When will they come get it ? (approximately)  Is it about 10 days after the discharge, or 45 days after they learned of my intention not to keep it, or what?  Will they send a letter to my attorney? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Re: Included my vehicle in ch 7 filing

4us, im in the same situation as you. i filed BK in feb of this year. been discharged almost 3 months now. i have a car i filed on, it was through a buy here pay here, where the car dealer and financer was the same company. i called them after i filed to inform them of my BK and to give them my case number. my lawyer told me i could keep my car until after i was discharged and then they would come get it. its been almost 3 months now since i got my discharge papers and we still have the car. they havent come to get it nor have they contacted us in anyway.
07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

I filed for bk on July 1 and  I had my 341 meeting last week.  My question is regarding my vehicle.  I included it in the bk to go back to the lender.  When will they come get it ? (approximately)  Is it about 10 days after the discharge, or 45 days after they learned of my intention not to keep it, or what?  Will they send a letter to my attorney? Thanks!

I had two vehicles in my BK. One I surrendered and the other I reaffirmed.

For the one I surrendered my attorney suggested I contact them and make arrangements to return the vehicle at a mutually agreeable time and place. That's what I ended up doing. They picked it up the day after my discharge (the very next day).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the responses!  I am hoping I can keep it for a week or so after discharge so that I can have time to shop for another one. 

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.