Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info about Credit One

tag
cirrus00
New Contributor

Info about Credit One

I have commented a few times saying I have been trying to follow the 700 plan, but have not been able to because I included both Capital One and Credit One in BK. My credit one account was charged off in 2012 and I have tried a few times to pre-qual and they turn me down. So today I called to ask if there is a waiting period to obtain a new Credit One....the CSR told me you are blacklisted for life. lol. Apparently, you can only have one account with them, and it doesnt matter what reason you close it, you can never have another one. I was pretty surprised....I guess they are tougher than AMEX. 

I wanted to let others know, since I have seen several ask about Credit One after IIB. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Info about Credit One

I think you were lied to.

I had a credit one account before I filed for bankruptcy last year and closed it two months prior to retaining my attorney. I knew I would need then post discharge and closed them on good terms.

One month after discharge I got a new account with them with no issues at all.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I have heard of them reinstating you if you pay off your old balance. Did you ask them that?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 4
cirrus00
New Contributor

I thought it seemed kind of weird....the lady kept saying you can only have one account in a lifetime. I even called back to talk to someone else & was told the same thing. I asked about paying the balance & I was told no you don't owe us any money because the account was charged off. But what's weird is when I called and put my social in the automated system it asked me if I wanted to make a payment. Lol. Oh well, I'd rather not do business with them anyway!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.