Did you mean: 

Interesting BK filing

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting BK filing

@Anonymous wrote:

:

LOL i guess not...yesterday was my 3rd recon in 15 days for the freedom and was a big no.  Rep said they want to monitor my CSP and see how i do before i can get the freedom...not even a $300 CL and with almost 5 yrs old BK.

I think the ratio of threads that have bad things to say about Chase vs good things to say about Chase is at least 5 to 1.

Not going to lose sleep over not getting in the door with a lender that is pretty much a total PITA given their new policies regarding new accounts and what not...  I can think of much better places to apply and get approved for a $500 card.

I've have gladly taken it 6 months ago... now I've totally lost interest in Chase and their BS.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

:

LOL i guess not...yesterday was my 3rd recon in 15 days for the freedom and was a big no.  Rep said they want to monitor my CSP and see how i do before i can get the freedom...not even a $300 CL and with almost 5 yrs old BK.

I think the ratio of threads that have bad things to say about Chase vs good things to say about Chase is at least 5 to 1.

Not going to lose sleep over not getting in the door with a lender that is pretty much a total PITA given their new policies regarding new accounts and what not...  I can think of much better places to apply and get approved for a $500 card.

I've have gladly taken it 6 months ago... now I've totally lost interest in Chase and their BS.

Yeah, you're definately right.  It gets old having to beg and deal with BS.

Message 22 of 29
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

-just applied for a Chase Sapphire preferred via internet. my girlfriend tried it yesterday and got approved at once. I got a reply stating that they were going to think about it and that if I was approved a card would be in the mail later.  Is this their way of rejecting an application, or should I wait before trying elsewhere?

Call to recon. Chase system auto declines while BK is on report.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear, will wait for letter and call. Capital one did give me two unsecured cards right away.  Need a 3rd one according to the feedback here. Apparently 3 is enough, no need for more to optimize credit score?

Message 24 of 29
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to hear, will wait for letter and call. Capital one did give me two unsecured cards right away.  Need a 3rd one according to the feedback here. Apparently 3 is enough, no need for more to optimize credit score?

You don't need more than 3 Smiley Happy I wouldn't wait for the letter, just call right away.. You never know what could happen

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called. Got turned down, asked to speak to a supervisor, who also turned me down, despite going over carefully my situation. No late payments ever, even during bankruptcy, or after it. The post bankruptcy $120K line of credit that I opened, along with a car loan and a secured card, all paid off and closed now, were not enough. Seems that 2 years post BK was the deal breaker. I have followed suggestions on this forum (THANKS!)  and gotten two Capital One cards last week, need a third card it seems, will try BOA unless someone has a better suggestion. I heard Barclays somewhere on the net, but it was said that they had bad customer service.

Message 26 of 29
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called. Got turned down, asked to speak to a supervisor, who also turned me down, despite going over carefully my situation. No late payments ever, even during bankruptcy, or after it. The post bankruptcy $120K line of credit that I opened, along with a car loan and a secured card, all paid off and closed now, were not enough. Seems that 2 years post BK was the deal breaker. I have followed suggestions on this forum (THANKS!)  and gotten two Capital One cards last week, need a third card it seems, will try BOA unless someone has a better suggestion. I heard Barclays somewhere on the net, but it was said that they had bad customer service.

No worries! CSP requires a $5k SL which is a big deal for Chase lol 

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 27 of 29
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

will try BOA unless someone has a better suggestion. I heard Barclays somewhere on the net, but it was said that they had bad customer service.

I haven't had a problem with Barclays.

I had the Apple card 16 months and have had Sallie Mae for the last 6.  Never had any issues and their reps have been excellent.  

If you are looking for a 3rd card you could go for the Barclays Rewards MC or the Apple card.  

They are a good lender to be in the door with...

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that was interesting. After Chase Sapphire turned me down, I tried Barclays. Also turned me down. Then I decided to just get a secured CC so that I would have at least 3 credit cards reporting. A low point: I was turned down for the Capital secured c.c.  Not sure where to turn next

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.