Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Info about Citi Diamond Preferred and Bk

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interesting Info about Citi Diamond Preferred and Bk

@StartingOver10 wrote:

So I was feeling particularly good about my rebuild progress ten days ago and applied for the Citi Diamond Preferred cc.  My scores are 711 and 712 according to the bank card scores here (MyFICO).  My utility at the time overall was 16%, not ideal but not bad.

My Bk 7 was filed Sept 08 and discharged Jan 09.

This is one of those good news and bad news threads:  I was declined. Called the recon number, 800-769-9795, and spoke to a very nice analyst.  Citi wants you to be 7 years out from your Bk file date.  She told me everything else was fine - its automatic to get the decline if it hasn't been 7 years. So I am good to go next year according to her. Smiley Frustrated

Thought I would post to see if others knew about the 7 year date or not....

I would be glad you were declined, this bank really has no good cards and is way behind the game in rewards. I will state I am prejudice of Citi I did app with them in 2013 for a card and was denied for IIB them in 1996. I apped with them before I really understood the value of rewards cards.

Message 11 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

a tiny bit off topic, but USAA is also 7 yrs from discharge before they consider you. I have my insurance with them, and I went to register online for e statements, and I couldn't. I box popped up after I entered in my insurance act number etc...stating my BK!!! I was appalled!

I immediately called in, and asked for a supervisor, and asked her why I couldn't register my act online, and she said since you included us in your BK, you're only allowed the mobile app. You won't be allowed the "full site" app because that app also has other offers like CC, which I wouldn't be available for till 7 yrs.

so I said...just because you were IIB, Im not allowed to sign up online in the "full app site" for the next 7yrs??? she says...Yes, the system will automatically block you, and you'll receive the pop up again. Your only allowed the mobil app for now.

Ive had my insurance with them since 1991....ugh!!
She told though that once my IIB act is off my reports in 7 yrs I can reapply for credit again with them, and Ill have access to the "full site" again.

I didnt tell her that my CC that was IIB with them, will actually be off my reports  next year in 2016, because they were defaulted on years agoSmiley Wink Ill see if that holds true about what she told me.

sorry for the long note, lol

Message 12 of 13
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

omg.  I would tell USAA to shovel it and then switch to Geico.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.