cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introductions

tag
mcadd562

Introductions

Hi, I am brand new and wanted to introduce myself and tell about my situation. I have been stalking this site for a while now.

In 2005 we bought our first home. 4 years later, my hubby and I had our 3rd child and I went into heart failure. About 6 months later my hubby lost his job. He was unemployed for almost 3 years. In 2010, our middle son passed away. When my hubby eventually found another job, he was making tons less than he was before. We struggled to make it but eventually we made the decision to let the house go in foreclosure. I wanted out of the house where all the bad stuff had happened to us. The foreclosure process just started but then we got an advertisement about Bankruptcy and now we have an appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday. I don't really know what to expect. I am slowly reading through some of the posts. We do not want to keep the house. In fact, the only thing we are wanting to keep is our car.  I have tons of medical bills because when my hubby lost his job, we lost our insurance. And I have student loans but I only work part time. I have not had a full time job since graduating. 

I may think of more later but any input or suggestions would be nice. Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: Introductions

First al all, I will say welcome to the Forun and my heart goes out to your family, it has been a very tough road for you. I will tell you that the members of this forum are extremely helpful. A lot of us chose the bankruptcy option, and should you decide to proceed with the Bankruptcy filing, do note that there is a life after Bankruptcy. There are nice guides on this site which will be of great help. I have actually had three houses when I filed for Chapter 7 BK back in 2010, it was a tough journey back, I actually wanted nothing to do with credit, but somehow I found this forum a year after filing. I learned a lot of lessons about credit and I learned to be patient and slowly rebuild, In the summer I hope to buy another house. I would not be where I was without the help from the guys from. I wish you all the best and will keep an eye out for you on the forums.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 2 of 3
mcadd562

Re: Introductions

Thank you for responding. We are very scared to go through this process, but from everything I am reading on here, it may be the best decision for us. I can not wait to be able to rebuild our lives and to know that it is even possible after filing chapter 7. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.