Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Barclay, Discover or Chase

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Is Barclay, Discover or Chase

Recon, recon, recon! You already took the hit so call and brown nose a bit Smiley Happy
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase denied me on the freedom visa, because of bk, discharge on 11/2012....call for reconsider...and they denied me again, because I did I not have other rebolbving accounts (credit cards) long history....my first card after bk is the best buy on 3/2015. My TU Fico as stated on their denial card was 679

Message 22 of 25
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Hope this isn't too late, but there is a really good guide in this forum about how to rebuild your credit / reach 700 score within 2 years of bk. 

I started following it, and applied for a credit one account.  I got approved!   I'm just waiting for the card.  I also followed another guide to get my Chexsystems report cleaned up post-bankruptcy.  That will allow me to open a credit union account, which since I'm in the Chicago area, I'm going to use Abri credit union (hopefully) and then see what kind of credit builder services they have.  One of the "credit builder loans" posts here took me there. 

I had Capital One cards before bankruptcy, so I don't think they'll approve me for another card. Smiley Happy

It's a long road to recovery.. esp if you're looking to buy a house sometime.. but with resources like this forum, I'm sure it will go well.  Just remember to follow the utilization rule.. no more then 30% on your card, and pay it off as soon as you get your bill (not the day it's due.)  

Thanks!  Hopefully you find that guide above as useful as I found it.

Message 23 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase denied me on the freedom visa, because of bk, discharge on 11/2012....call for reconsider...and they denied me again, because I did I not have other rebolbving accounts (credit cards) long history....my first card after bk is the best buy on 3/2015. My TU Fico as stated on their denial card was 679

I think Chase would be best to go after around 2-3 years after discharge and some solid rebuilding. I have a feeling you meant 3/2014 for the Best Buy card as well Smiley Happy Great job trying to recon though! Good luck

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 24 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

Hope this isn't too late, but there is a really good guide in this forum about how to rebuild your credit / reach 700 score within 2 years of bk. 

I started following it, and applied for a credit one account.  I got approved!   I'm just waiting for the card.  I also followed another guide to get my Chexsystems report cleaned up post-bankruptcy.  That will allow me to open a credit union account, which since I'm in the Chicago area, I'm going to use Abri credit union (hopefully) and then see what kind of credit builder services they have.  One of the "credit builder loans" posts here took me there. 

I had Capital One cards before bankruptcy, so I don't think they'll approve me for another card. Smiley Happy

It's a long road to recovery.. esp if you're looking to buy a house sometime.. but with resources like this forum, I'm sure it will go well.  Just remember to follow the utilization rule.. no more then 30% on your card, and pay it off as soon as you get your bill (not the day it's due.)  

Thanks!  Hopefully you find that guide above as useful as I found it.

Shoot for no more than 10% and be an over achiever Smiley Happy Also remember to let a small balance report on one card while all others report a $0 bal to maximize FICO

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.