Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is bankruptcy record public?

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is bankruptcy record public?

Thank you for the correction MovingForward. I had said PACER.org and you are right it's PACER.gov (I have it book marked so I forget sometimes).

Message 11 of 16
DownandOut888

In relation to the trail, just wanted to ask anybody out there if they have come across PlainSite.org who is currently showing my case number, Attorney's name and presiding Judge after I Google my name. Is there a way to get this blocked? Many thanks to all!

Message 12 of 16
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

question regarding pacer.  If you download your own info can they use your cc info to find you?  We have a judgement that was supposed to be included in our chap 13, all the individual bills were, but the judgement itself is not listed.  it was filed at the same time we filed.  I want the info from the judgment.  They have not come after the money, but i do not want to give them any information since it is set to come of his credit report in 2015.  and our attorney isnt much help. ugh.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

You can get your judgement information online at your county's Clerk of Court site. Just put in your name in the public records section and all the filings on you will come up.

You might have to actually contact the Clerk's office to see how you can get the entire file.

As to the judgment, was it from the original creditor? Was the original creditor listed in your BK 13?

If so, go back to your attorney and get that judgment released since it was paid during your Ch 13.

He might charge you extra to have it released, but don't rely on it just dropping off of your credit report. A judgement is a whole separate thing and remains on your public records. Take the next step to get it vacated.

Message 14 of 16
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

The judgement was from a collection agency  for many medical bills Smiley Sad .  I figured that since the collection agency hasnt pushed for money then they must know that the judgment is part of the bankruptcy too?  When i dispute it with the CRA's it comes back from the courts as valid.  I just do not want to put our new address and info out there.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Is your 13 discharged yet?  If so, file a motion to Vacate (with the court) based on satisfaction/lawful discharge of the original debt.  Once it's vacated, you can get it removed/listed as such.

If you're not discharged yet (and not in a full-pay) get it added to your case.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.