Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is bankruptcy the best option? student loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is bankruptcy the best option? student loans

I am considering filing for bankruptcy. Can student loans be included? I was a couple months late on the loans I have but they automatically went into deferment after I started attending the fall semester. Even with this, we are struggling to pay our mortgage and car and are starting to default on other bills. Our debt, not including house and van, is around 50,000 (half is student loans) and we have been struggling, living check by check, having to borrow money from inlaws to pay our bills. We are current on our mortgage but all other debt I am now late on and don't see it getting better. Any advice would help. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is bankruptcy the best option? student loans

it is almost imposible to discharge student loans.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is bankruptcy the best option? student loans

No way will the government allow these to be discharged. They do not want to hear your problems because, like they told me, they have heard them all before. I was actually homeless because of student loans. Thats not a joke. I lived in my old Ford Taurus for some length of time. I wish you luck, but even being homeless they wouldn't discharge mine.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.