tag
jcknight007
Valued Member

Re: Is there life after BK?

Message 11 of 15
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Yes, there is. BK forces you to develope a much more structure and responsible lifestyle. It really is a great tool for changing your perspective on just about everything. I'm three months away from my 5yr BK 7 and life is much better than it was one year pre-BK. I don't spend excessively anymore and what I do spend I rationally calculate what the opportunity cost is. If the cost is too high, I don't spend the money.
Message 12 of 15
holhat
Regular Contributor

Hello again!
jcknight007...I followed your link above and failed at step one already...for both my husband and I!
Cap One not only immediately denied me but left multiple inquiries dated same day on my report. I've read that many people have had approval success with a recon phone call, however, I am unable to find steps to do this...uugghh. More discouraged then ever, please advise
Message 13 of 15
holhat
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your help and encouragement!
Message 14 of 15
MegaMom
Valued Member

Oh do I know that feeling that you have.  It plain ol' sucks, HOWEVER, let me tell you, rebuilding is so rewarding and you will find yourself driven each and every month. ( If you join scorewatch, and get alerts that increases the drive) 

In the moment, you can feel down and that time is dragging, but I can say, looking back now, it went fast and I am amazed I am where I am with my credit & scores.

Good Luck to you, keep reading here and post your questions & accomplishments!!

BK ch7 filed 6/11 - Discharged 11/11
FICO EQ 648 TU 639 on 7/12
Current: EQ 698 TU 678 EX ?

Cap1Plat $4k. Cap1QS $3500. Cap1 Venture 15k VS $4700. BarclaysVisa $12k DiscoverIT $ 8000. Amazon 3k. Walmart 1500.
AmexBlue 2k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.