Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

tag
oldschool
Valued Member

Is this right?

I stumbled across this board a few months ago and I have found a wealth of information here. However I ran into a roadblock that I think I know the correct answer for, I'm just not sure how to handle it. So I'm hoping I could get some help.

I filed chapter 7 back in 2004, it was discharged, I have recently been trying to clean up my credit report and I think I'm making a little headway. One of my creditors (cc company) has me listed as IIB with a 0 balance, which I know is correct, however it is showing 120 days past due. I disputed the CRA, and it came back verified, so I disputed with the cc company and I received a letter today saying everything is reporting correctly. I thought that it shouldn't be showing 120 days past due, am I right?

If I am right, how do I handle it?

Thanks everybody.

Rick
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Is this right?

if the lates are reporting after your bk filing, then you should send them a letter about how they verified the debt (MOV) but you said you talked to the creditor.  If the lates were before you filed for BK and you were late, filing doesn't wipe out the credit history prior to filing and those would be accurate.  It is a double whammy
Message 2 of 6
oldschool
Valued Member

I'm not trying to wipe out the credit history, but it says I am currently 120 days past due. I don't have a problem saying it was 120 days past due at the time, it's the currently I have a problem with. If it was right wouldn't everything say I am currently past due?
Message 3 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

no you should dispute.  I called equifax and ask the rep how in the world I am late on a car that was turned in in 2001?  She agreed and filed the dispute.  But I haven't heard anything back on it yet.  If it comes back verified, then I would send a MOV letter to the CRA.
Message 4 of 6
oldschool
Valued Member

Thanks Granny, I'll do that. What is a MOV Letter? I looked under the abbreviations but didn't see it listed.
Message 5 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

it is called method of verification and there are sample letters in the sticky's
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.