cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with one account which was included in BK 7

tag
hihihi

Issue with one account which was included in BK 7

My husband was discharged in May, 2010.  He has been able to bring up his Fico scores to TU 677 and EQ 685.

We noticed last night that one TL which was included in the BK shows a $0 balance, but instead of sayin IIB, it says Bad Debt/Collection.  Should he work on getting this TL to report as IIB?  Would it change his scores at all, negative or positive?

If he should get it fixed, should he contact the TL or the CRA first?

I am new to the forums, any help would be appriciated.  We plan to purchase our first house after the 2 year waiting period.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Issue with one account which was included in BK 7

IANAL, this is not legal advice.  I am the head paralegal @ a debt relief law firm.

Dispute it with the CRA (or all of them), and make sure it changes to IIB.  Make them go through a full DV if you have to.  Do it in writing (not online), full CMRRR (and CC an attorney if you can, gives it more weight).

For my BK, it took about a year to get them all (14 accounts) IIB... 12 were simple, 2 were a PITA across all 3.

Good luck!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.