Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement right before BK - Dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement right before BK - Dispute?

As I was in the process of filing my BK, Discover Card filed a judgment against me for my seriously delinquent account. My attorney quickly put an end to the judgment as my Discover account was being included in my CH 13. This judgment is showing up on my reports and its doesn't appear to say anywhere that it was satisfied\settled. Should this judgment even be showing up since it was nixed shortly after being filed? If the answer is 'yes', shouldn't the status be 'Satisfied Judgment'? thnx
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rizeninme
New Contributor

Re: Judgement right before BK - Dispute?

Yes, but how long ago did you file for BK? It may take a few months for all your creditors to update their records properly. You could send them a letter asking them to update along with a copy of your BK paperwork.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement right before BK - Dispute?

Judgement was filed end of May 2004. BK was filed the being of July 2004. This is old stuff, i'm assuming they have had plenty of time to make the corrections. I will send a letter asking them to correct it. Thx for the feedback!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.