Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgements on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgements on credit report

Hey there, I'm awaiting discharge on my chapter 7 bk and wanted to know how the judgements will be shown, reflected and handled on my credit report. One is an apartment lease balance I owed and another from a personal loan. I included them in my BK and they just show the creditor, balance and status as filed along with the corresponding court it came from. What will happen next? Can I do anything to help the process?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgements on credit report

You are able to file motions to vacate with each court, fees depend on thr courts. One court that I had a judgement with told me they do not do this. I filed a complaint with the consumer finance protection bureau and they were removed from equifax and transunion. Experian removed them on their own after I was discharged.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You are able to file motions to vacate with each court, fees depend on thr courts. One court that I had a judgement with told me they do not do this. I filed a complaint with the consumer finance protection bureau and they were removed from equifax and transunion. Experian removed them on their own after I was discharged.

Thats great news. I see you filedjust a few months before I did, did you wait until you were discharged? Also, i live across the country from where the courts have these judgements, im hoping you can file a motion to vacate by mail or phone? Thank you

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would imagine you could file via mail, not exactly sure. I did disupte the judgements before discharge and about as far as i got was getting them updated to included in bankprutcy which really does nothing. At the point i called the courts and asked how the process works they told me, but I hit a wall with the local court near me which stated they dont do that so I went the route of CFPB.GOV. Wheither filing the complaint with them was the right thing or not, it worked and they were removed in about a week, and I didnt have to screw around with court hearings or anything else. 

Message 4 of 12
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

After you're discharged, they'll show as "included in bankruptcy" if they even show at all. Mine were deleted all together. I've heard many people get them removed by disputing them after discharge. Good luck!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so wait until discharge, see what happens and take it from there.  I called both and they have my BK information already.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They show up as paid or satisfied on mine, although experian deleted them after my discharge. I'm filing motions to vacate even though my local courts said they might not be willing to do so on the basis of bankruptcy, there's a possibility they'd be willing to so we shall see. 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also awaiting discharge in Sept and there was a lien on our house and I paid my attorney $300 to get the lein taken off, my credit report judgement is showing a balance and open status. I called one of the credit agency's to have it fixed. Hopefully when all is said and done my reports will be good, most everything with one cra everything is showing $0 balance, closed and included in chapt 7.

Message 8 of 12
Jagajaga
New Contributor

you filed a complaint with CFPB.GOV. Was your complaint against the court not removing the judgement or the credit agency not agreeing to remove it? Thanks

Filed BK7: 2/2014 (start score EQ 450) Discharge 5/2014
666 EQ FICO 12/2015
$18k NFCU cashRewards |NFCU LOC 15k | $1.5k Barclay Rewards| $4.5k Cap1 Quicksilver| $1.5k Cap1.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a mixture of both. One court would not release me of a judgment so I just went all in and they were all removed. Anytime I called the cras they said they would be there forever.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.