Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Transrisk implosion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper Transrisk implosion

This is interesting. My bankruptcy was discharged in 2002. Since then I  have had credit cards (cl -9.000, 3250, 2950, 1000) ,personal loans (10,000) ,  auto loan (10,000). Paid off auto loan, personal loan and paid down credit cards from (16,000 down to 5,600). Six years flawless. No late or missed payments.. My PFICO is now at 740,. Experian Fico at 735 and Equifax at 702. Everything is looking bright. However,  I recently and inadvertently missed one small payment on my Macy's card which ended up as a thirty day late ...I thought . I called Macy's and because I never missed a payment since 1987 said they would have it removed. This request was only a few days ago. 
     So now I have this Juniper Card with a Transrisk score that doesn't move. It's been at 645 for 4 straight months . About a week ago it suddenly changes to 690 which I thought was okay for this FAKO score. Now keep in mind that this score hasn't changed in months. Then two days after it changed from 645 to 690 I get another email saying it has changed again. It plummets to 560...a drop of 130. My credit score didn't drop that much after my bankruptcy.
     So  I'm thinking that my 30 day late with Macy's must have hit. But still, a drop of 130. So I pull a copy of my Transunion credit report  and its not even reporting the 30 day late. It's not reporting anything late since the Bankruptcy almost six years ago.
       I think I just need to finish paying off what's left of my debt and never borrow again.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper Transrisk implosion

nobeing, if you want to use the Transrisk FAKO to identify potential ups and downs with your score, that is fine.  But otherwise, don't let this score freak you out.

I think your comment about "never borrowing again" is not what you want to do.   Just charge small amounts and pay them off after your statement date each month.  DON'T be late, but don't quit the credit game - your score will suffer....
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a juniper card, the transrisk score only updates every three months
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to my original post. Turns out it was the 30 day late that caused transrisk to plummet almost 140 down to 560. Macy's removed it (they were great) and needless to say my score shot right back to 692. It is scary though how one missed payment can drop my score more than a bankruptcy.  
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.