Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Junk Car Loan Mailers!

tag
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Junk Car Loan Mailers!

Hello,

Since I filed for bankrupcy chapter 7 in April of this year, I have received 2-3 car loan junk mailers NONSTOP!  WHY!!!  They try baiting you in, saying you can get a loan pre-bk.  I just tear them up and then toss them. 

Can you imagine the interest rate on those loans?!  Probably 33% or more!!!

My gosh, they must thing people who file for bk are suckers.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Junk Car Loan Mailers!

@Taoron wrote:

Hello,

Since I filed for bankrupcy chapter 7 in April of this year, I have received 2-3 car loan junk mailers NONSTOP!  WHY!!!  They try baiting you in, saying you can get a loan pre-bk.  I just tear them up and then toss them. 

I agree with you. But I think that auto dealers in general think that all of us are suckers, whether or not we have filed for BK. Just read some of the stories over in the auto loan section and in general it appears that the car buying/car finacing/car leasing experience is filled with car dealers and F&I guys trying to get one over on us. Smiley Sad

Fortunately we are here at this forum and know what to do....most of the time.  Like you, you are doing the right thing by trashing the bait...I mean junk mailers.

Message 2 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I think that they are motivated more on their perception that we are desperate for financing vs being suckers.

Message 3 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i still remeber i almost fell for one at a toyota dealerdhip in lexington kentucky......tried to bait and switch me then only offered newer beat up cars.....glad i walked away

Message 4 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Two years post filing and I still get these...

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 8
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

Hello,

I filed in November 2012 and I still get these, along with refi offers and warnings that my warranty is about to expire. At least a couple of each type every week.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 6 of 8
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Is there an opt-out somewhere?  I mean, I never signed up for those mailers.  It should be illegal what they do!  One tried to make it look like it was all official and stuff, coming from Washington DC and stuff.

Grumble!

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

Is there an opt-out somewhere?  I mean, I never signed up for those mailers.  It should be illegal what they do!  One tried to make it look like it was all official and stuff, coming from Washington DC and stuff.

Grumble!

Auto dealers pull Pacer and send direct mailers to the people on there. Unfortunately it is public information.. Just shred them and move on. I think Cap1 sends me at least 2 letters per week.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.