Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just broke 700 post Ch 7

tag
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just broke 700 post Ch 7

I'm curious what your scores were three months post Ch 7 discharge? Oh, wait, you didn't file Ch 7. So you comparing my scores to yours is apples and oranges.

Once again, I'm pleased with my progress thus far. It's you who continues to bring my rebuild status up. Do you have issues with my progress.

Quite honestly, if someone can find a loophole or flaw in the system and beat it, good for them. How many times are reports truly wrong and it takes an act of Congress to fix it?
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 31 of 70
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@bstone wrote:
I'm curious what your scores were three months post Ch 7 discharge? Oh, wait, you didn't file Ch 7. So you comparing my scores to yours is apples and oranges.

Once again, I'm pleased with my progress thus far. It's you who continues to bring my rebuild status up. Do you have issues with my progress.

Quite honestly, if someone can find a loophole or flaw in the system and beat it, good for them. How many times are reports truly wrong and it takes an act of Congress to fix it?

As said, you have no clue as to my opinions. I've had what I consider to be an easy rebuild. My only regret is I didn't circumvent the system to get there sooner.

It isn't an accomplishment to get valid TLs removed... which is EXACTLY what the 700+ people in this thread have done... and one of them even admitted it.  Such practices aren't supported here at myFICO.

I rebuilt my credit... easily in fact.  I didn't exploit any loopholes or flaws in the system... and damn sure won't congratulate people who do.

THAT my friend is the reasons behind my statements.  Doesn't have a thing to do with NFCU, Chapter 7 or anything else.  I'll be the first to admit NFCU hands out CC's like candy but in the end I'm not a member and don't need their CC.

Feel free to continue to pat these people on the back that are circumventing the system.  Rest assured I won't.

Good night.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 32 of 70
Chilli
Established Contributor

BYE FELICA.

Message 33 of 70
bstone
Frequent Contributor

You ever written something off on your taxes that was questionable or maybe you shouldn't have?

Ever gotten home from the store and realized you weren't charged for an item, and not return to pay for it?

Ever not completely stop at a stop sign?

All criminal and much more egregious than finding a way to get something removed from a credit scoring system which is flawed at best.

You enjoy doing things your way and everyone else will enjoy doing things theirs. I'm sure your approval isn't something anyone on here is looking for or requires to continue on with life.
NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 34 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few need a reminder about the FSR rules we have on these forums.  The use of profanity towards other posters certainly does not fall within these guidelines.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful/td-p/2797115

Message 35 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Time for me to step in.  First off... TRC... watch the launguage... it was mildly abusive, granted.  But let's remember to be friendly.

Now as to the content of the post.   I agree with TRC.   myFICO does not in anyway support or condone the removal of any valid information.  If there was invalid information... sure....  if you asked by GW and they voluntarily removed?  Great!  If you got them to delete a bit early.  Yeah for you.

However,  these... "loopholes" and such, doesn't cut it.  I know some feel different, so be it.  There are other sites out there that would have you sell your first born and roast kittens on an open flame.  We aren't that sort of site.

So.. while on the boards,, it's the right way,,, or the highway.

your friendly neighborhood mod,

Shogun

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 36 of 70
Chilli
Established Contributor

Dear Mods,

As many others, I have been called a liar and now accused of violating the forums rules by TRC without him  "knowing" the facts of my file or situation and that is not friendly. 

I want to be clear about my rebuilding efforts...yes, I was able to get my IIB TLs removed (whatever that was left...judgments) because of the FCRA and BK laws that is afforded to EVERYONE. There were NO loopholes used...as I don't  know of  any.  But I think I may have typed valid instead of invalid in one of my posts in error...and if I did...it was taken out of content and used against me  in the wrong way...to falsley accuse me of violating the TOC.

whatever the case, I will sure try to be careful with my typing going forward.

Message 37 of 70
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Chilli wrote:

Dear Mods,

As many others, I have been called a liar and now accused of violating the forums rules by TRC without him  "knowing" the facts of my file or situation and that is not friendly. 

I want to be clear about my rebuilding efforts...yes, I was able to get my IIB TLs removed (whatever that was left...judgments) because of the FCRA and BK laws that is afforded to EVERYONE. There were NO loopholes used...as I don't  know of  any.  But I think I may have typed valid instead of invalid in one of my posts in error...and if I did...it was taken out of content and used against me  in the wrong way...to falsley accuse me of violating the TOC.

whatever the case, I will sure try to be careful with my typing going forward.

The stance at myFICO is to follow the terms of the CROA.  With that being said,,, we do not allow discussion of any methods to remove "valid" or correct information from your CR.  As you have said, I am unaware of the method or circumstances of your particular situation.  However should their be a method, "and yes, I've been around awhile, I know of some" to remove any information by any method that is beyond the legal or GW of a creditor, will not be allowed on the boards.  There is no grey area to this.  

And yes,, big difference between the terms valid and invalid.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 38 of 70
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

I filed BK five years ago and finally hit 700 this month. Just playing the waiting game patiently. In fact, during the last 5 years, I was able to reflect and educate myself about credit as a whole. With the wealth of knowlege here on myFICO, I was also able to help my family and friends with their credit woes.  I've got over $70k in credit lines at the moment I would never thought would've been possible post BK. 

I only have 1 baddie remaining that should drop off in the next couple months. Time heals everything albeit a little slowly and I'm fortunate for all the help granted on myFICO. To the OP, take it easy

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 39 of 70
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Time for me to step in.  First off... TRC... watch the launguage... it was mildly abusive, granted.  But let's remember to be friendly.

Now as to the content of the post.   I agree with TRC.   myFICO does not in anyway support or condone the removal of any valid information.  If there was invalid information... sure....  if you asked by GW and they voluntarily removed?  Great!  If you got them to delete a bit early.  Yeah for you.

However,  these... "loopholes" and such, doesn't cut it.  I know some feel different, so be it.  There are other sites out there that would have you sell your first born and roast kittens on an open flame.  We aren't that sort of site.

So.. while on the boards,, it's the right way,,, or the highway.

your friendly neighborhood mod,

Shogun

The stance at myFICO is to follow the terms of the CROA. With that being said,,, we do not allow discussion of any methods to remove "valid" or correct information from your CR. As you have said, I am unaware of the method or circumstances of your particular situation. However should their be a method, "and yes, I've been around awhile, I know of some" to remove any information by any method that is beyond the legal or GW of a creditor, will not be allowed on the boards. There is no grey area to this.

And yes,, big difference between the terms valid and invalid. Smiley Wink

Thank you... I know what I've done to rebuild my credit and in no way support "other" methods when it comes to valid information... in fact it strikes a nerve and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Anyway... you've summed up the points I was trying to make so I will leave it at that.  

I will watch the language... after doing the math in this thread and then being called a "fool"... well... it kinda snowballed.  That's how I am though... it is what it is.  I'm actually a pretty nice guy and do my best to help people here... but at the same time I call it like I see it.

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.