Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just discharged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just discharged

Hello,

Just had my 341 meeting today and everything went well. Now waiting for my discharge paperwork. All I answered was my name and about 10 yes and no questions and he let me go!!!

My question for you guys is, my wife stopped working 7 months ago so we could qualify for a chapter 7. When could she apply for a job? Should we wait till we receive the discharge paperwork or can she start applying and working immediately

Thank you all.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just discharged

I would wait until you receive your discharge paperwork. 

You have a 60 day period after your 341 meeting for creditors to object to your discharge. It is just a waiting game. When it gets closer to the 60 days start checking PACER once in a while. Your discharge paperwork will be posted there (you will also receive in the mail).

GL

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would wait until you receive your discharge paperwork. 

You have a 60 day period after your 341 meeting for creditors to object to your discharge. It is just a waiting game. When it gets closer to the 60 days start checking PACER once in a while. Your discharge paperwork will be posted there (you will also receive in the mail).

GL

while I'm not a lawyer, this ^ is what I'd do personally.

you can also ask your lawyer.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help guys!!!!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would request you to wait till the bankruptcy case is resolved. A new job with a better payscale can induce the court to take another look at your filing and finances. The court can also ask you to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy if they see you can afford it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.