Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Member
0 Kudos

Just filed ch 7 yesterday (Wed, Aug 9th)

and today i receive a summary notice from medicare (I'm on disability) stating they are not going to cover $633 in total health care costs from an in-network dr i saw earlier this spring. anyone have suggestions how to handle?  is it possible to add things to bankruptcy filing between filing date and date of creditor's meeting?  thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Established Member
0 Kudos

Re: Just filed ch 7 yesterday (Wed, Aug 9th)

You should be able to add all the way up to your 341 meeting. I would talk to your lawyer.

BK7 Discharged 7/7/17
7/7/17 scores EQ 527 TU 484 EX 547
8/17/17 scores EQ 608 TU 549 EX 606
Established Member
0 Kudos

You can add additional credit accounts but there may be a fee. Consult with your lawyer sooner than later.

Starting scores: EX: 498 TU: 514 EQ: 521
Regular Contributor

You can amend Schedule F to add omitted creditors.  The Court charges $31.00.  You can ONLY add omitted creditors for debts you ran up prior to the date you filed bankruptcy. 

Des.

Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Id definitely talk to your attorney about this one, because Im not sure on government agencies like medicare, whats allowed and whats not, and how it will effect your medical coverage in the future.
(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 07/2017 FICO- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Valued Member
0 Kudos

excellent advice from all....everyone was right....awesome to see this much help avaiable...kevin

Valued Contributor

I'm curious...this is the 3rd inquiry about this BK
Did you do the BK on your own or with one of those non lawyer places

It just seems if you had an attorney, they did a horrible job of helping you....

So was it DIY or shoddy BK lawyer?
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Gemini101 wrote:
I'm curious...this is the 3rd inquiry about this BK
Did you do the BK on your own or with one of those non lawyer places

It just seems if you had an attorney, they did a horrible job of helping you....

So was it DIY or shoddy BK lawyer?

Gemini, was thinking same thing just now. 

(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's)---> 07/2017 FICO- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

😀
Valued Member
0 Kudos

i hired an attorney who has turned out to be worthless.  i take responsibility because i listened to a friend who recommended him and did no research to validate or verify anything beyond that.   100% my fault and  believe me  i regret it.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.