cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just filed for CH 7!

tag
Tora

Just filed for CH 7!

Well, I just filed a couple weeks ago for Ch 7.  Not sure how I feel about it at this point, but I am working towards coming to terms with my decision (and my past behavior that got me to this point).

I have the 341 meeting coming up on 2/11 and not too sure what to expect.  Can some of you share your experiences and let me know what the 341 meeting was like for you?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just filed for CH 7!

@Tora wrote:

Well, I just filed a couple weeks ago for Ch 7.  Not sure how I feel about it at this point, but I am working towards coming to terms with my decision (and my past behavior that got me to this point).

I have the 341 meeting coming up on 2/11 and not too sure what to expect.  Can some of you share your experiences and let me know what the 341 meeting was like for you?

Thanks!

I've seen quite a few and I'd say don't worry about it.

First of all, unsecured creditors rarely show up and very few secured creditors do also.  The trustee will swear you in and ask you maybe ten simple questions to make sure you understand what you've listed on your schedules and if your debt / asset list is accurate.  I've also seen them generally ask if you owe child or spousal support and how long you have lived in the state.  In the very rare event any creditor does show up, they can ask you questions under oath, but they are generally limited to just a few minutes since the trustee wants to get this over with as soon as possible. 

What does suck, though, is if your 341 meeting is in a large room with a dozen other debtors there listening in.  It can make you feel relatively self-conscious.  But you'll be out of there fast enough anyhow, unless the trustee or a creditor suspects fraud.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.