cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just forget them?

tag

Just forget them?

I had a bankruptcy in April 2012 and I included Amex, Chase, Discover, and Bank Of America.

Citi had already been settled in 2007 but they were technically listed in the bankruptcy too, even though they got some money.

Is it advisable to just forget about trying to get back in with these banks, and look elsewhere to apply for credit cards? As you can see in my signature, I haven't been very successful in getting either good cards or good limits since. I have two Capital One cards with embarrassingly low limits, and a Walmart card which I wish was a Walmart Discover but isn't.

Should I just forget about the "prime" banks and just try other ones? I really wish I could get those again, but I realize it's probably like asking for the impossible.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Just forget them?

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

I had a bankruptcy in April 2012 and I included Amex, Chase, Discover, and Bank Of America.

Citi had already been settled in 2007 but they were technically listed in the bankruptcy too, even though they got some money.

Is it advisable to just forget about trying to get back in with these banks, and look elsewhere to apply for credit cards? As you can see in my signature, I haven't been very successful in getting either good cards or good limits since. I have two Capital One cards with embarrassingly low limits, and a Walmart card which I wish was a Walmart Discover but isn't.

Should I just forget about the "prime" banks and just try other ones? I really wish I could get those again, but I realize it's probably like asking for the impossible.

The 4 you listed and asked about are known to not be BK friendly. I would forget about them until your BK has fallen off. There is a BK friendly credit cards thread that should be a lot of help for you. Remember not to get a bunch of store cards and get stuck in toy limit h*ll. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3

Re: Just forget them?

Yep. Eight years away. How depressing. Oh well. Best I know now and stop trying with those banks.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.