Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got discharged! YAY

tag
SwipeToUnlock

Just got discharged! YAY

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. I recently wrote that I was having trouble with CheSystems - I got that figured out and currently bank at Chase.

I now have three Credit Cards - 1. Capital One 2. First Premier 3. Milestone. (Each have $300 limits). I use them and pay them off.

I also recently applied for the Capital One Blank check autoloan and was approved! Smiley Very Happy I was so excited/happy. I should get my check by the end of the week and plan on purchasing a new car. 

(Prior to that though, I recieved a nice promotion from my work - so everything is working out nicely.)

I am so happy for this community which gave me the courage to start over and file for Chapter 7.

I got discharged 1/27/13.

If I can do it, anyone can! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Just got discharged! YAY

Congratulations on that significant milestone. May the seas of credit use and management be smooth for you going forward.

Message 2 of 15
summerjune
Valued Member

Did you apply for all three cards after the discharge on 1/27?

Discharged 4/25/14
Scores as of 4/24/14: Equifax 590 Transunion 636 Experian ?
Capital One Quicksilver $500.00 Firestone $1000
Message 3 of 15
vtguy25
Contributor

CONGRATS!!! Thanks for posting this with out this I would have never known about milestone credit card which I was just approved for as my first c. card since discharge thanks again!! And good luck with purchasing your new car!!

Message 4 of 15
JLinCA
Established Member

Congrats! I just discharged on 2/3/14! I'm excited to rebuild and to NEVER be in this mess again.

"" height="50">

Message 5 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success, onward & upward Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
nurse0528

Congratulations. I recently file chapter 7 in dec and have had my 341 meeting on jan. 13. 2014. I am awaiting discharge. My situation is sensitive so i won't go into alot of details. Could you please tell me what your credit score was when capital one approved you for the blank check program. Many thanks and congrats

Message 7 of 15
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! I remember how wonderful I felt when I received my discharge on my ch 13, three years after I filed.

Congrats on the uncoming new car, too.  Do you know what you are buying yet??  And what kind of rate applies to something like the Cap 1 blank check auto loan???

I brought my new SUV in June 2013 at 2.9%, but believe me, I remember the high interest rates and never want to see them again.

I hope all goes well now that u are out from under the BK.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 8 of 15
SwipeToUnlock

I appied to First Premier before Discharge and Capital One and Milestone after discharge. =)

Message 9 of 15
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Looks like you dodged a bullet since you applied for credit BEFORE discharge, unless of course you had approval from the Trustee??? Reason I ask is if you apply for credit without the Trustees prior approval, your BK could be and would likely be dismissed and that would be a very bad thing... 

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.