Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had 341 Meeting, A few questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had 341 Meeting, A few questions

I just had my 341 meeting last week. I was wondering a few things.

1. When will accounts on my credit report be reported as 0-Included in Bk? Asking this so then I know when to check them and report any that don't say it.
  2. How long after my discharge (which is scheduled mid-June), should I be able to get a secured credit card? (To start building as advised by my atty)
  3. How many years after discharge is it likely for someone like me and my husband get a mortgage? We have never had one, only rented, and have two stable jobs.

Also, I have just started reading on these forums. I have never checked my FICO score, only my credit score from Equifax,Transunion. Is there any way to get it for free once or do you have to pay monthly? Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just had 341 Meeting, A few questions

I am assuming you filed under Chapter 7

1. My major creditors reported zero the next cycle after filing

2. There is no reason to wait until after discharge ( IF you are chapter 7!). Go ahead and use Cap One cardfinder tool now. App for the QS one. If you don't get it app immediately for the Classic, if you don't get that app immediately for the secured. ( this will only count as one inquiry)

3. You won't be able to get an FHA loan until 2 years after discharge. Conventional most likely 4 years after discharge

IF YOU FILED A13 DISREGARD ALL OF THIS. YOU HAVE TO FILE A MOTION FOR ADDITIONAL CREDIT!!
Message 2 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

2. There is no reason to wait until after discharge ( IF you are chapter 7!). Go ahead and use Cap One cardfinder tool now. App for the QS one. If you don't get it app immediately for the Classic, if you don't get that app immediately for the secured. ( this will only count as one inquiry)

3. You won't be able to get an FHA loan until 2 years after discharge. Conventional most likely 4 years after discharge

IF YOU FILED A13 DISREGARD ALL OF THIS. YOU HAVE TO FILE A MOTION FOR ADDITIONAL CREDIT!!

Not the greatest advice.

There are a lot of reasons to wait until you are discharged before applying for new credit.

A trustee with a chip on his shoulder could make things difficult for you...  "Your debt hasn't even been discharged yet and you are already wanting to pile on more debt?  Impatient much?" 

The trustee isn't your friend and applying for new credit prior to discharge is just not worth the potential trouble. 

OP I'd proceed with caution until you are discharged. 

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not the greatest advice.

There are a lot of reasons to wait until you are discharged before applying for new credit.

A trustee with a chip on his shoulder could make things difficult for you...  "Your debt hasn't even been discharged yet and you are already wanting to pile on more debt?  Impatient much?" 

The trustee isn't your friend and applying for new credit prior to discharge is just not worth the potential trouble. 

OP I'd proceed with caution until you are discharged. 

I concur +1

Message 4 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

+2 The day after your discharge shouldn't be that long to wait.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.