cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received discharge, and score still very low.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received discharge, and score still very low.

Hey everyone, looking for some help here, from reading past post, most of you seem updated on this topic.

I recently received a discharge ch 7, and my scores went up a bit, currently....equifax 556, experian 526, and transunion 560...I kept one smal car loan, in perfect standing 6mos old...and currently got a navy fed prepaid card for 1k.

When I see my report, I still see negative accounts in the equifax summary...but the trade lines show $0 balance.

Basically, my question is probably very simple, but here goes...Do I have to initiate any disputes with Equifax, Experian, and Transunion, after a bankruptcy, in order to get this credit thing back on track.

My other question, is it possible to go from my score to 700+ in 12-16mos, which I had back in 06, when I purchased my home?

Thank you in advance for reading this message.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Just received discharge, and score still very low.

You need to see each of your current reports and verify that any account that was disch in your BK is now showing IIB ( Included In Bankruptcy)  Dispute any account that does not show that right now.  While you're at it, dispute any other negative accounts ( if any) that you did not include in your BK. 

There is a long thread with a lot of excellent info on here. Just search for BK To 700 in 24 months.  And in all actaulity, it's likely going to take 24 months of work for you to get back to 700.  Of course YMMV but that seems to be the norm for us BK folks.

Once everything is IIB, you should see a score rise to the 600's. Then it will be time to get busy with your rebuild.   Welcome to the forum and I strongly suggest that if you're serious about your credit and rebuilding, you start spending a good amount of your free time reading the threads on this forum.  Best of luck to you !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the input...will be doing as followings.

Message 3 of 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Just to add, Equifax will list them as negative accounts because they have the BK tradeline and are impacting your score.

Also note, on Experian, you will see accounts listed as "Key Derogatory" with big, red letters. Do not fear - the KD is seen only to you and is the same as Equifax grouping them as "Negative Accounts"
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.