Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just some words of encouragement....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just some words of encouragement....

For those considering BK, and feeling defeated. Sometimes bad things just happen to good ppl. It doesn't make you bad or mean that you're irresponsible. It just mean that you know better now and could benefit from a second chance. This time last year, my husband and I were feeling defeated and uncertain for our future. We had just filed bk and were really afraid. Our bk was d/c'd on 12/20/15. We kind of followed the bk-700 plan. Today, we are a little under a year post DC. We have a few cc's with fairly generous amounts. We recently decided that it would be best to surrender my financed car because I'm underwater. I was able to finance a really great used car through my local CU. We have banked with them for a long time. And since I was a "repeat borrower", I got a lowered interest rate. Are you ready for this?? 3.8% on a used Acura!! I almost fell out of the chair!!! Then today, I was approved on a soft pull for my NFCU go rewards for 10k! That's my highest limit thus far! So, to those feelings like this is the end for you.... Please know that there is good life after bk!! Have a great day all!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just some words of encouragement....

What CU?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just some words of encouragement....

It's a local cu in PA where we live. It's called New Cumberland Federal cu. we've had accounts there for over 10 years together, my husband longer than that. I've financed a car with them previously, and we also still have a cc with them that survived the bk miraculously. 😍
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.