cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started the process, not only am I stressed but worried this will now affect me into my 40's

tag
StevenMDG
Valued Member

Just started the process, not only am I stressed but worried this will now affect me into my 40's

Hi eveyrone. What a great forum I have been reading as much as I can around my work/child/school schedule. Like many I had a great job and lived a certain lifestyle thinking it would never change. Then my job situation changed and a Medical Bill from a no-fault car accident hit me in the face with a giant taste of reality.

I am facing a garnishment for this medical bill since it was a federal hospital(they took me to an Army hospital and even though I was in the Army they can garnish without court order)

My score has taken a few hits since I am not making the money I once did. I guess my big question is will the filing which I will do next week stop the garnishment from going into affect? Also, I am 35, I am current on my house and car payments, is chapter 7 going to stick me with horrible credit making life that much tougher for the next 10 years? Is it realistic that with my house payment which has never been late and my car which has never been late that I could bounce back with a decent credit score within a few years?

Thanks for any feedback, this forum is a great place for information and does help releive the anxiety someone like myself is feeling. God Bless

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Just started the process, not only am I stressed but worried this will now affect me into my 40'

See my signature for an example of what you can do.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
StevenMDG
Valued Member

Re: Just started the process, not only am I stressed but worried this will now affect me into my 40'

Thanks it great to see that it is possible. there is a feeling of guilt and a stigma I thought i would have that I would have to go to predatory lendors for years in the future to get any kind of credit, but it nice to see that you actually can rebuild. Congrats on the house BTW

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.