Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping a BK discharged auto??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping a BK discharged auto??

I filed chapter 7 two years ago, my vehicle was included in the BK and has not been picked up by the the creditor, I have called the creditor 2 times and asked them to come pick it up but had no luck, i read in a post from last month that i get to keep the car, i need to know for a fact that this is a true, and if it is true i need to find out where i can learn more about why i do get to keep it. 

TU (619); EQU (624); EX (610)

I found this in PACER,it was a statement made by the trustee, does this mean i get to keep it....

TRUSTEE'S REPORT OF NO DISTRIBUTION

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT INSUFFICIENT ASSETS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY

DIVIDENDS IN THIS CASE.

I, John , having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above named debtor(s), report that I

have reviewed the schedules and statement of financial affairs, have examined the exemptions claimed by the

debtor(s), have examined the debtor(s) during their Section 341(a) Meeting of Creditors as to the facts of their case

including the propriety and validity of exemptions claimed by the debtor(s) and security interests claimed by

creditors. I report further that there is insufficient property available for distribution to benefit the creditors of this

estate and that no distribution of funds from this estate will be made.

I certify that I have fully administered this case in accordance with myduties and responsibilities as Chapter

7 Trustee, and, therefore, request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee.

I also certify that a true and correct copy of the foregoing has been served on the United States Trustee and

all other parties required by the court to be served.

DATE: March 21, 2008

Message Edited by OSAN_MAN on 02-15-2009 01:51 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Keeping a BK discharged auto??

No- you can't keep it. My daughter got discharged in 2005 and she made arrangements for her car to be picked up and they did.  In 2006, she bought a brand new one.
Message 2 of 15
hopeagain
Contributor

I'm curious. What kind of car is it, & what was the value at the time?

It is strange that  after 2 years they didnt take it. Have you been driving it? I hope you get to keep it.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG you need to let me know this is the same thing that was happening to me, I called my lawyer and he said just to drop off the car at his office if I don't want to continue to keep it.

My BK was discharged and VW has not picked up the car its a lease too! From what I am reading they are not going to pick it up I have called them for a week straight last week. So I am just going to continue to drive it since they have all my contact info if they want it they can contact me its not like I have not tried to call them right? what do you think OSUN???

Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really have no clue, i hope i do get to keep it, im 7000 miles away from it right now so i have no clue if its even still sitting where i left it. I hope so though its a badass black mustang GT, my BK got discharged the first of feb so im still waiting on my notice, im like you i cannot freakin wait to get them in my hand and be done with this. I got my credit score back in the 630 range and about to pay off all my balances on my cards and leave them alone, hopefully i will hit the 700s this year but we will see, i will keep u posted on if i get to keep it.
Message 5 of 15
wilee
Contributor

You filed 2 years ago and it was just discharged this month? What was the holdup?
Message 6 of 15
stephanieL
Established Member

What he copied and pasted from pacer says march 21, 2008? But even so you keep it for another yr and just now ask? LOL I guess if they really wanted it they would come get it...
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was thinking they would come get it any day, i even moved from Louisiana to Florida and left it at my old residence, now if I get to keep it I have to have it shipped to Florida when i return from Korea. Hey anyone wanna buy a 2002 Mustang GT? LOL JK.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Osman that is super sweet, I have a luxury car too, and it has not been picked up I am keeping registration and insurance current on it. I hope I get to keep it too, according to the forums on here many people are just telling us to have the creditor pick it up but hey if they don't want to pick it up what could we do right?!

Keep me posted, I moved too just to another city but I hope they don't call they have my number and mailing address if they really want it they can call!

Go get your car its been 2 years!

Best

Cuteblossom 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just an update letting everyone know i still have my car from my BK, discharged and all. I called Citi once again and they act like they have no interest in picking it up, this is my 6th call to them, my next move will be to have the courts release the lien to me for a nominal amount.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.