cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards BK Friendly?

tag
rgh64

Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards BK Friendly?

I received a credit card "invitation" for Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Visa.  BK 7 filed 8/12, discharged 11/12.  Card is issued by U.S. Bank who I have read is not bk friendly, so I don't want to waste a hard pull on a likely denial.  The "invitation" does not say preapproved, preselected or anything like that.  I'm thinking they just sent it to all Kroger plus card holders and I would be instantly denied.  Has anyone received this card post bk?  Do you think there is a realistic chance of approval?

Don't know any of my real scores and I am still cleaning errors from Experian.  The other two have corrected all the errors.  My Credit Karma score, which I know is not worth mutch, is 694.

Applied and approved for Kohls ($300) and Target ($300).  Denied by Lowes and Walmart (IIB).  Also denied by Capital One (IIB big time) based on interal records without even a CRA pull.  I just don't see U.S. Bank approving me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards BK Friendly?

No you won't get that one either from Krogers backed by US Bank.

I would get with a CU for secured card and wait about another year before applying for something else.  You need some time between this discharge.  The major creditors won't touch you for many years with that bk.  What you should do is make sure your reports are clean and reporting correctly, and since you've already established credit, let those age for a while.  They have to see a good payment history and no baddies after the filing in order to build.  That's why I suggest a secured card with a CU that reports to all 3 CRA's along with your two new accounts.

That should get you off on the right track and then in a years time or so you will start to become eligible for more credit.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.