Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Reports after Filing for Chap 7

tag
ShellyxBaby
Established Member

Late Payment Reports after Filing for Chap 7

So in 2013 I decided to file chapter 7 in Nov 2013 I had to include Navy Federal,Amazon, CapOne, Toyota Financial, Victoria Secret and Verizion (my lawyer included this because I was awaiting my final bill) plus someNeedless to say it was discharged in March of 2014 since then ive been working on my credit which took a big hit. I've pulled my reports and on the ones for experian all the cards included in my bankruptcy are reporting late payments greater than 90 days from the time it was officially filed on Nov 18, 2013 to March 2014 when it was discharged also says that it was included in bankruptcy then in the worse delinquency block it says collection. My question is should I file an online dispute with experian or should I just call the bankruptcy dept of each company to get them to clear the late  payments since all of them were after my filing date

Thank you

Filed BK7: 11/2013 Discharge 03/2014 Starting Score 562
634 EQ FICO 03/2015
607 TU FICO 03/2015
605 EX FICO 03/2015
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Late Payment Reports after Filing for Chap 7

ShellyxBaby, I noticed the same on my Experian report this past weekend. I pulled my report (since I couldn't dispute online with Experian) so that I can send the discharge letter to Experian to correct.  I can't wait to hear the responses to see if that's the best way to handle. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Experian does not delete your payment history like Equifax and Transunion do when you file for BK and update the TLs to show such.

Whatever your payment history was prior to filing will remain.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 3 of 10
john99c
Established Member

I believe they are stating the same thing I noticed on my EX, which are late payments after the filing date.  several CL's posted 30, 60 and 90 days or more.  The all show IIB and 0 balances.

I know in my case they were all current up until I filed in Feb2014 and payments were made that month up until the date I filed.  However for march, april, and may (when I was discharged) several reported the late periods.

I disputed mine as well, still waiting to see what happens with it.

CH7 Discharged 5/30/2014
Starting: 555 EQ 5/2014 myFico (EX 550, TU 440 6/14 (CU Pull))
Current: 687 EQ 4/2015 652 TU 4/2015 668 EX 5/2015 (all myFICO)
Goal: 700+
Message 4 of 10
ShellyxBaby
Established Member

@0REDSOX7 wrote:

Experian does not delete your payment history like Equifax and Transunion do when you file for BK and update the TLs to show such.

Whatever your payment history was prior to filing will remain.

Okay I need to double check but Im pretty sure I was current up until that the month that I filed in November. the thing is on my credit report the late payments start in November the month I filed and then in March the month it got discharged it saya Charge-Off

Filed BK7: 11/2013 Discharge 03/2014 Starting Score 562
634 EQ FICO 03/2015
607 TU FICO 03/2015
605 EX FICO 03/2015
Message 5 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

What they are reporting is perfectly legal.

If you were current up until the day you filed, they are allowed to report a 30/60/90/120 and then charge-off.  Since you haven't been discharged yet, your obligation remains and is put on hold until you are discharged.

After 120 days late, it is law for the balance to be charged off.

I have this issue with GECRB and Capital One - and two different consumer finance attorneys say it is valid and accurate.

They cannot report anything with regards to payment history the month after your discharge.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 10
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure I understand. If you keep making payments after filing and up until discharge, they can lie and say it is late, just because you filed? Or they can only say that if you indeed do quit paying after filing?

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 7 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

If you make payments after your filing, they can not lie and say you didn't make them. Although I have seen 'errors' in reporting...that is why many of us are here.

Most of the time you will need to make your payment to the bankruptcy department of the relevant tradeline after your filing date. For example, I continued to pay on two vehicles and my cell phone plan during my bk. Each tradeline had a special department to take the payment during the course of the bk and then it reverted to a normal payment department after I received my discharge.

Message 8 of 10
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, *10, I did not know that. This is the first I've heard about paying through another department. Is that a department within each of our perspective companies, or thrtough the federal courts?

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 9 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@StartinOver wrote:

Thank you, *10, I did not know that. This is the first I've heard about paying through another department. Is that a department within each of our perspective companies, or thrtough the federal courts?

It is through each respective company. You have to actually call in and ask for the bankruptcy department. Once you are on the line with them it is a phone pay (free IIRC) for that month's payment that is due. Once you are discharged then it will revert back to the regular system. Had to pay the utitlites this way too.

Each company has its own quirks. For example, even though I didn't owe Verizon Wireless any money at the time I filed and I made payments during the BK, they had to give me a new account # (same number but ending in 2 rather than 1). Weird. But it works. Good luck.

Edit for clarification:  This was for a Ch 7 Bk.  A Ch 13 has you make payments into the court. In a Bk you have to list each and every account

I only paid those accounts that I was keeping or planning to keep after Bk. As it turns out, I reaffirmed one vehicle and surrendered the other but until I made the final decision, I made my payments during the course of the Bk. I am not suggesting to pay vendors that you are letting go -

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.