Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment shows up after Ch 7 BK

tag
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Late payment shows up after Ch 7 BK

Maybe I'm not searching hard enough, but most of the threads would say that all late payments prior to BK will stay on and that they are not disputable.

All my CR are reporting that I have seven 30+ and 60+ days of late payments. All this appeared after filing/discharge of Ch 7 BK.

Should I dispute them? Regardless of how minimal the impact I may have with lates, I'd just feel better if they were reported accurately and not late. Everything else is reported as "Good" while the late payments are the only one showing as "Poor" -  I just prefer it out of that status.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payment shows up after Ch 7 BK

@audio-disabled wrote:

Maybe I'm not searching hard enough, but most of the threads would say that all late payments prior to BK will stay on and that they are not disputable.

All my CR are reporting that I have seven 30+ and 60+ days of late payments. All this appeared after filing/discharge of Ch 7 BK.

Should I dispute them? Regardless of how minimal the impact I may have with lates, I'd just feel better if they were reported accurately and not late. Everything else is reported as "Good" while the late payments are the only one showing as "Poor" -  I just prefer it out of that status.

Are these lates showing up as 30/60 lates for the months PRIOR to filing? Or are they showing late payments occuring AFTER the filing? There should be NO reporting of anything occuring between the filing and the discharge. Once you are discharged everything should report and Paid/IIB

Message 2 of 23
FineBlonde
New Visitor

There is a post bankruptcy letter that you should send to the 3 major reporting bureaus with copies of your credit report and send it via registered mail.  It should state dates of filing and amount discharged and circle in bold ink any creditor reporting after the dates false information.  Send via registered mail.  Follow up 60 days later.  This is part of closing out your Bankruptcy and cleaning up your credit report.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NormanFH is correct.

If your lates were prior to you even filing for BK, then they are reporting correctly, but they cannot report any lates on a discharged act past your official file date.
Message 4 of 23
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

They were showing late payments occuring AFTER the filing. 

Like I said in OP, I did not have any lates reported prior to the filing. They showed up AFTER the filing.

So, that means I have to send in letters to all three CRA to correct those mistakes?

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@audio-disabled wrote:

They were showing late payments occuring AFTER the filing. 

Like I said in OP, I did not have any lates reported prior to the filing. They showed up AFTER the filing.

So, that means I have to send in letters to all three CRA to correct those mistakes?

What are the dates the lates occurred? If they were before you filed and are reporting as those dates, they are valid. (Even if they just finally displayed on your CR for some weird reason now.)

Message 6 of 23
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

I honestly think myFICO's Credit Data is poor in how it shows my reports.

I did a credit report pull back in February 2017. The only lates I have is on Navient was the following:

60 days late, 11/2012

90 days late, 12/2012

120 days late, 1/2013

120 days late, 2/2013

120 days late, 3/2013

120 days late, 4/2013

Charged off 5/2013 to 1/2017

While the rest of the known accounts that were IIB were all on time. I was making ALL on time payments until my lawyer instructed me to stop paying and I filed for bankruptcy. None of them went 30+ days late.

Where and how do I draft up a letter to ask all three credit breaus to correct this mistake? 

Message 7 of 23
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Bumping this thread. Hoping someone can help me with me writing a letter or provide a sample letter to correct the late payments on all three CRAs.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 23
Scupra
Super Contributor

I think I may be confused on this one.. Looks like you filed 4/2017 but the lates occured in 2012 and 2013?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 23
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

What I see in my FICO app:

Late Payments 30+ Days:

Late Payments 60+ Days:

What does the number 7 represent? Seven accounts? If so, I have NOT made any late payments.

Time Since Most Recent Late Payment:

3 months

I have NOT made any late payments this past year or in 2016.

For better clarification, I am willing to share a screenshot from myFICO credit report. What do you need specifically to see the late payments to understand better?

Please forgive me, I am deaf so English is not my first language if I am not clear.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.