cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payments now being reported on unreaffirmed mortgage 8 years after discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payments now being reported on unreaffirmed mortgage 8 years after discharge

I had debt discharged from bankruptcy in 2001 this included my mortgage.  I had intended to reaffirm and this was noted in the court documents but the lender never sent me a reaffirmation agreement so one was never signed.  I continued to make payments but then my mortgage was sold and the new lender refused to report payments to credit agencies due to it not being reaffirmed and they said they legally could not report prior to bankruptcy.  I tried to refinance to correct the problem but due to the county giving me down payment assistance they had a lien on the property and refused to let me do so.  I then got married and moved into my husbands home and have let the bank take the house back as I could not sell it after years of trying.  They are now reporting late payments even though the debt was discharged in bankruptcy and because the debt transferred from one bank to another I really should not of even had an account with them on my credit report.  Can they report late payments after discharge? Are they in violation of the law and can I take legal action against them.  They report each month, I get it removed and somehow they get the information back on my credit report.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.