Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates prior BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates prior BK

Anyone know what should i do about lates prior to bk? accounts included in bankruptcy . GW letters?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Lates prior BK

You can try a GW letter, but if you were late prior to filing BK it is perfectly legal to report that. I had several accounts that reported 30-60 days late prior to filing but then reported 90-120 late & CO after filing, and a few that reported 30-60 late prior, then Closed for a month or two after filing and then 120 late & CO. That was EX & EQ, TU was clean. I disputed all of them with the CRAs, saying that reporting them late after filing was an attempt to collect a debt that was under a stay & protection of a federal BK court. Got all of them removed, a few still show 30 late prior and then "OK", but most just show no lates, just IIB & $0 bal.

But, I was probably lucky, as it is legal for them to continue reporting late if you were late prior to filing. My intent was to alarm them with my language, and my reasoning was if they reported them late after filing then they were expecting a payment, and expecting a payment equals attempt to collect.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info dave .. what should i do about accounts that report diffrent on myfico report and Equifax report.

EQ         Account Status:     Equifax              TransUnion            Experian

InBankruptcy                -                     Collection

Fico       Status:                 Equifax              TransUnion            Experian

Charge-off             Unrated          Account transferred to another office

Also some account show diffrent remarks or comments on the reports? is that normal.  they either show BK7  or nothing at all .

Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well, you can't dispute anything with Fico as they're not a CRA, they just use the info from the 3 CRAs to calculate your Fico score in their different scoring models, you need to go directly to the CRA. The EQ looks faulty reporting "In BK", since you have been discharged it needs to be updated. Also that EX note of Collection looks suspicious, as does the Fico note on it "transferred to another office" - sounds like they at least tried to sell the debt off to a debt collector, if they did that after filing BK that's a major violation. You might start by sending EQ & EX a copy of your BK discharge and request they update their files accordingly. And it looks like you have the same problem I did - TU is clean while EQ & EX are messed up.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for all the information Dave. will be sending  EQ & EX  the paper and update you on the outcome.

Message 5 of 6
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

I filed chapter 13  Jan 2010 (had 2nd mortgage with husband and cosigned on a car loan with him). None of my payments, including the ones I cosigned on were late prior to filing. Our credit union reported a car payment and a credit card as late for about the first 6 months after filing. I disputed with Equifax and they came back as confirmed.

Seems like there is not much consistency with this as other people have the same issue but others are successful at having lates removed after filing.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.