Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates reported after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lates reported after BK

So i guess we all have the same unanswered question.

I have an account that was included in bk and is showing charge off or collection, should this be disputed? I guess I disputed this so much EQ says I have to mail a letter now .

I have a lender that is reporting forclosure when it was included in BK and the forclosure or short sale did not take place until after my filling. When I filled my home was NOT in forclosure can they still report this on my credit?

Does anyone have law verbage I can throw at the lender that states they cannot continue to report lates on my credit after my filling date?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I will try to get legal advice and share with everyone if no one knows

thanks again

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow..I think we all have the same issues. Can anyone help me make sense of this and tell me if this seems right?

Foreclosure proceedings started 5-07

Filed bankrupcy 9-07 and included mortgage

Lates showing all the way up til May 08 on mortgage, which is my discharge date.

Question: I thought the file date would be the last date anyone could report lates..etc.

Any input? TIA!Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Gobucksohio, I answered these questions roughly 2 years ago.  Please read my previous posts on this thread.  They may be helpful to you. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I see that. Someone brought this thread alive so I thought I would post. BK laws change, so whatever might have been 2 years ago may not be true now.

Message 14 of 16
Regular Contributor

I just had an account that was showing lates change to "included in bankruptcy" today and received a 3 point increase from EQ.  Not much but every little bit helps!

MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is a challenging thing to go through. If your foreclosure or short sale was included in the bankruptcy, they should report included in BK. HOWEVER, in a NEW lenders eyes although its not reporting as a foreclosure/short sale they can still run other avenues to see if you had lates. So they will do it based on your foreclosure or short sale date. Keep in mind that you can still qualify for FHA financing after 3 years of this happening. Let me know if you need anything else. I hope this helps you.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.