Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease Approval ... no way!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lease Approval ... no way!

Ok so my wife and I filed last June (6/1/16), and were discharged in September... We have been needing a second car for a while, and have kind of put of looking, and not really sure what we wanted to do.  We were going to go to carmax and see if they would approve us on something that we liked, but i kept getting gun shy, and carmax never seemed to have anything that wowed me, and made me want to risk the HP..

Fast forward to last Sunday, we got an email about a Lease offer from a local Genesis dealer (the new luxury spin off from Hyundai).. I figured they had no idea bout my BK or what not so we went, picked out a G90 (We wanted a big car for long road trips).  (a little about me we filed for tax reasons, we wiped out a significant IRS debt, and state tax debt, so our BK wasnt related to bad spending habbits so much as it was bad tax choices years ago).  

any way, we work out the deal (the whole time im showing the finance guy the Myfico App so he can get a good look at my credit without a hp, loved that he was willing to work with me)... and about an hour into it he tells us he can do it.... 

I dont know if Hyundai is normally this friendly to recent BK's but they sure were on their Genesis line... we were approved at Tier 2 credit with hyundai financial, and put a minimal ammount down, with a total payment of $795 w/ tax for a new G90 sedan.  (the lease special was $689)

I have to say thanks to this forum for helping us rebuild our Credit after the BK, My scores are 646/656/672 right now <1 year out of bk, and I had the easiest car leasing experience of my life!

You guys and your advice are fantastic!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Lease Approval ... no way!

Oh wow! Thats awesome, much congrats to you !! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.