Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate Debt Settlement Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Legitimate Debt Settlement Company

I have over $45,000.00 in credit card debt and was able to pay all payments before the credit card companies jacked up my APR's before they had to conform to the new credit card rules. Due to the increased APR's and payments, I am not able to pay and have not paid anything within the past 2-3 months. I have just concentrated on my household bills, mortgate and auto loan. I did seek the advice of a bankrupty  attoney which stated that I would be eligible to file. I wanted to know which  action would remain on my credit file the longest. I also wanted to know if anyone knew of a GOOD/LEGITIMATE debt settlement company that would give me the best options (lowest payment and shortest terms). I have heard a lot of horror stories about companies tht keep your money or are slow to pay. Any advice which option I should take?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Legitimate Debt Settlement Company

Check your PM.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Legitimate Debt Settlement Company

You don't want any Debt Settlement Company. There are posters who have had success with Debt Management Companies. You might investigate that.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.