Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender refuses to reaffirm auto loan

tag
chubbs3
New Contributor

Lender refuses to reaffirm auto loan

Why would a lender refuse to reaffirm an auto loan?

I'm perplexed as to their motivation. I thought they'd jump at the opportunity to get the full amount that they are owed. There is a little equity in the car but certainly not enough to cover their nut if they repo and wholesale it off. I just don't get it.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Lender refuses to reaffirm auto loan

That's their right, and has to do with internal accounting for achieving maximum tax benefits/capitalization.

Look into a 722 redemption.  I've never been involved in one, but it may help you out.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 4
chubbs3
New Contributor

Heck, I couldn't care less about the car, it's the positive tradeline I wanted.

Now that it appears it's not possible it might be best to just move on and start again. Most people get by with a junker for awhile after BK, if they can do it, I can do it. Plan B here I come.

Message 3 of 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Even if they allow the reaffirmation, they're under no obligation to report it to the CRAs.  Most don't.  Now that I know that's what you were going for, fughettaboudit!

-MS

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.