cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time to reasearch closed account?

tag
housewanted6

Length of time to reasearch closed account?

On June 12th, I submitted a research request to the holder of a closed mortgage account that was included in a 2006 BK that was discharged in 9/2006.  They were not the original mortgage company, but they are the one's reporting to the bureaus.  Their report is showing "foreclosed" instead of "included in BK" with several months of late payments after the BK was put through and discharged.  When I called them about this request, they said it usually takes 10-15 business days (which was last week Friday), but that since my account was closed and has been purged, it will probably take longer.  A timetable could not be given as it is on a case-by-case basis. 

Do they really have an infinite amount of time?  Or are they required to provide an answer within 30/60/90 days, etc.?  We are going to start the loan application process on our house next month and would love for this to be cleaned up somehow.  Any insight provided will help put us at ease with this matter.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Length of time to reasearch closed account?

Have you tried disputing it with the bureaus?
Message 2 of 3
housewanted6

Re: Length of time to reasearch closed account?

Yes I have. The debt was verified.  This differs from court documents that were faxed to the current debt holder 27 days ago.  Do they need to have a response within a month or ???
Message Edited by housewanted6 on 07-09-2009 07:35 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.