Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the rebuild begin!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let the rebuild begin!

Ok, so I filed Chapter 7 Pro Se on July 24, 2015. I was working for a top insurance company but had to leave to be a caregiver for my mother. I was mostly current on everything except for a few old installment loans that were 5 1/2 to 6 years old. After depleting my savings and not being able to get any kind of loans, I fell behind on everything. From credit cards to car payment. It wasn't until after my vehicle was reposessed that I heard a radio ad about filing for bankruptcy. So from the middle of June to the end of July, I read everything I could to file on my own. Credit scores in the beginning were from 463 to 518.

Now here it is December. I was finally discharged on the 1st. I now have a Fingerhut Fresh Start for $130 which I opened on the 2nd. Then today I opened a Discover it chrome secured card for $200. I tried Capital One Platinum today but was denied even tho my accounts show closed. I will wait for the denial letter to recon. Next, I plan on purchasing a car and then to the "garden" I go.

I have been reading these forums for months & I just want to say THANK YOU ALL!!! For answering questions, commenting on posts, and just giving your experience. EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU ROCK!!! Robot Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let the rebuild begin!

Congrats! Welcome to rebuild. As I've said on other threads, make a plan, don't get to anxious. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint when it comes to rebuilding. Good luck on your journey!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.