cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life after CH13 - coming to the light!!!!

tag
34Roses
Contributor

Life after CH13 - coming to the light!!!!

In 2009 due to sickness, job loss and  having good credit but over extending myself.  I had to file CH13.  Finished all my payments and discharged in 2014

I had been getting all kinds of solications to buy a car but it was the last thing on my mind.  I had NO plans to do so but my car had other plans. Smiley Happy   I had to get a car it was leaking oil and transmission fluid it was 10 yrs old part of my CH13 and had over 215,000 miles on it.  I am so happy to say I picked up a new (used) car on Friday with a good interest rate, a payment I can handle and got approved with no problems.   Since getting discharged I have a Discover IT, CapOne QS, and and Overstock.com and now a car.  

I vow to never get myself in that situation again of being over extended and not handing the credit I have better.   I am learning from the mistake of my past for sure.

There is such a wealth of information on these forums (small percentage utilization, shopping cart, letters, etc) and although I read more than I post the information here is so valuable.  A BIG THANKS to all of you!!!!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

rebuilding financially
Goal Score - 770 #claimingit
DiscoverIT, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap One QS
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Life after CH13 - coming to the light!!!!

Yes there most certainly is...

IMG_2263.JPGIMG_2255.JPG

Grats on your rebuild and the car.  Smiley Wink Here's mine.  $0 down and a good interest rate that I'm still gonna refi at the end of the year!

The end of the 7 year road is fast approaching for me too!

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Life after CH13 - coming to the light!!!!

Grats to all your success Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.