Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life after bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Life after bankruptcy

I am only 24 and ever since 2005 when i was 19 i got a bunch of credit cards charged up a fortune yes i had no idea what i was doing or what not i charged up a total of 35000 dont ask me how cause i have no idea what i was thinking. anyways years after years i was wondering what to do with my life until finally i decided to do chapter 7 bankruptcy last year novemeber i had my 341 meeting discharged in JAN  OF 2010 now my credit is at 637 Smiley Happy i got two capital ones 500.00 each Smiley Happy 1 best buy master card 300.00 Smiley Happy  and 1 JCpenny card 100 Smiley Sad

it is true getting credit cards after bankruptcy is possible

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Life after bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:

I am only 24 and ever since 2005 when i was 19 i got a bunch of credit cards charged up a fortune yes i had no idea what i was doing or what not i charged up a total of 35000 dont ask me how cause i have no idea what i was thinking. anyways years after years i was wondering what to do with my life until finally i decided to do chapter 7 bankruptcy last year novemeber i had my 341 meeting discharged in JAN  OF 2010 now my credit is at 637 Smiley Happy i got two capital ones 500.00 each Smiley Happy 1 best buy master card 300.00 Smiley Happy  and 1 JCpenny card 100 Smiley Sad

Lesson learned?  Use only one per month & PIF each & every time!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Make sure you constantly remind yourself what led to your BK and be determined not to repeat those mistakes. That's what helped me go forward. Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

your telling me i learned my lesson the hard way especially how credit works luckily i didnt have to pay a dime and i saved everything incuding my car with chapter 7

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Credit cards will be coming after BK..think about, what do they have to loose?...you can't file for BK for another 7-10 years. And based upon your history with cr. cards, I'd cut-up all but the two Cap-ones. And build your credit up from there. The limits will increase as your payment history grows.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.