Established Member
wineman

Light at the end of the tunnel

Hi all,

First of all I want to thank everyone here for all the great questions and thoughtful answers on this board.  I have been a very occasional poster but a very frequent lurker and have found much useful information; as well as inspiration from other people's stories as I slogged through the loooong Ch 13 process.  That said, I have a couple of questions now that the end is near.

I filed in April of 2010 and had a 46 month plan approved.  The payment I sent in January of 2014 was the 46th and last scheduled payment.  Now I'm curious as to the process and timeframes I can expect moving forward.  The trustee's website shows a remaining base plan balance of $0 but it also shows 1 payment remaining.  The status of the case has changed to say "J - Completed." (not sure what that means exactly).  I have also received in the mail copies of a "Notice of Final Cure Payment"  as well as a "Trustee's Omnibus Objection to Claims and Notice of Response Deadline."  Should I go ahead and continue making payments until I am notified to stop?  How long does it usually take from this point to receive a discharge and put this whole ugly chapter behind me for good?  Btw, I live in and filed in Indiana.  I would welcome any insights from the board.

Best,

wineman

Current Score: EQ-677 (9/29/14)
TU-653 (9/26/14) EX-641 (4/18/14)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}