Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light at the end of the tunnel

tag
wineman
Established Member

Light at the end of the tunnel

Hi all,

First of all I want to thank everyone here for all the great questions and thoughtful answers on this board.  I have been a very occasional poster but a very frequent lurker and have found much useful information; as well as inspiration from other people's stories as I slogged through the loooong Ch 13 process.  That said, I have a couple of questions now that the end is near.

I filed in April of 2010 and had a 46 month plan approved.  The payment I sent in January of 2014 was the 46th and last scheduled payment.  Now I'm curious as to the process and timeframes I can expect moving forward.  The trustee's website shows a remaining base plan balance of $0 but it also shows 1 payment remaining.  The status of the case has changed to say "J - Completed." (not sure what that means exactly).  I have also received in the mail copies of a "Notice of Final Cure Payment"  as well as a "Trustee's Omnibus Objection to Claims and Notice of Response Deadline."  Should I go ahead and continue making payments until I am notified to stop?  How long does it usually take from this point to receive a discharge and put this whole ugly chapter behind me for good?  Btw, I live in and filed in Indiana.  I would welcome any insights from the board.

Best,

wineman

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.