Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for second CC after discharge.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for second CC after discharge.

I filed last March 23rd and applied and received a Capital One Platinum card with a 3k limit. I have it for over 6 months now and wanted to apply for another card to raise my available credit limit. My scores are over 680 with all three so what should be my next step?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for second CC after discharge.

Congrats on starting the process.  I was right there with you about 15 months ago.  I started with the Quicksilver and the Quicksilver One card with Capital one.  After having those two, you can move over to Barclay and apply for the Barclay Ring and the Apple Rewards Card.  Make sure your utilization is low when you do apply.  I got started with those four and am rolling full steam ahead now.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply for both at the same time? How much did you put on the cards after you were approved?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for more answers.......
Message 4 of 5
bstone
Frequent Contributor

Both my wife and I applied for the QS One and Classic, both were approved for $500 for each of us, after five or six months the limits were increased automatically to $2500 each for me andlike $750 each for the wife - never could figure out why the difference.

After the increase we also both applied for Barclay and were both approved for $1300, where they have sat for over a year...

That being said, I'd apply for the Barclay card first then the Cap 1 QS, those three will optimize your score.  If you belong to a credit union speak with them about their requirements, NFCU gave me a card very quickly and they have been very generous in my CLIs.

NFCU Rewards - $18,000, NFCU Signature - $18,000, NFCU LOC - $15,000, Care Credit - $7,700, Lowe's - $6,400, Capital One QS - $5,000, Walmart - $5,000, Amazon - $4,000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.