cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Chase has a looonnnngggg memory! - Has anyone gotten a Chase Freedom after BK?

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Looks like Chase has a looonnnngggg memory! - Has anyone gotten a Chase Freedom after BK?

I had posted in the thread asking about what our post BK FICO scores are now.  BK 7 filed 9/08 and discharged Jan 2009.

My scores are below: 705 (TU) and 682 (EQ).  I mentioned I was trying to get out of the subprime cards, because all the rebuilding I am doing now is through Cap One, Best Buy, Credit One, First Premier (ewww) and Barclays itunes. They are all sub prime except for the Barclays card, I think it might be a prime or semi prime.

So I took the plunge and apped for Chase Freedom (dumb, I know now).

Got denied right away. Called for a recon and spoke to a rep. They pull EQ. The rep said I had to wait a while because of the BK. I asked how long. She said 10 years!

What????

Turns out that my EQ report is not showing any AAoA. It shows zero!  It is some sort of software glitch because I never had that issue before and now all the beginning dates of every line of credit, cc and mortgage that I have had for many, many years was shown "backward" so the AAoA reflected as zero in one spot and NaN in another. 

Course I didn't know that when I was talking with the Chase rep. so I think that is a huge factor.  Then she mentioned the $15k that I BK'ed on Chase in 2008.  So it looks like I am in subprime territory for a while because I had Chase, BOA and some other prime cards at the time. 

Has anyone else had a Chase card after including Chase in their BK? And if so, how long was it before approved you?

Mods: this might need to be moved to the rebuilding forum. Thanks.

BUMP! Looking for anyone that has received a Chase card after their BK...please give your experience and how long since you were discharged (and if you had included them in your BK). Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looks like Chase has a looonnnngggg memory! - Has anyone gotten a Chase Freedom after BK?

I am bumping this as I too would like to know if anyone included Chase in a BK and ever got credit with them again.  And if so, how long did it take.

We filed 06/01 and the BK no longer shows on any of the credit reports.  I applied for an Amazon Chase card last Fri and received the rejection letter today.  The reason given is "delinquency or other degrogatory relationship with our bank".  

They pulled Equifax which I had pulled prior to applying and my FICO score is / was 811.

We currently have a Chase card but it was formerly something else and Chase bought them.  Never been late on this card so that is not the account they are referring to.  And I think it is ironic that they are on the credit report as an account in good standing and part of the reason I have an 811 score but now the don't want to give me credit Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
penelope10
Established Member

Re: Looks like Chase has a looonnnngggg memory! - Has anyone gotten a Chase Freedom after BK?

I claimed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in May 2002.  I never had any relationships directly with Chase, and Chase was not listed on my schedule of creditors.  I applied and received a Chase card in June 2004, and was approved for a $5000 limit.  I also had a Washington Mutual Visa approved in 2004 with a $5500 limit that Chase eventually took over.  Both of these cards were non rewards earning cards.  I tried to get a reward card for a few years, and everytime Chase disapproved because of bankruptcy.  As soon as the Bankruptcy fell off, I was approved for a CSP in April 2012.  When I applied, even though the BK was no longer on my CR (I verified before applying), Chase told me that one of the debts I included in bankruptcy was bought by Chase after the Bankruptcy, and that is why I had to wait 10 years. 

Starting Score 5/1/2002: 553
Current Score 5/30/2012: 785 (EQ FICO)
Current Score 10/2/2012: 803 (TU FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Thank you penelope10, that is just the kind of info I was looking for....I hope others chime in too with their experiences.

It certainly will save me from an inquiry every year for a Chase account that is not possible until 10 years after discharge!

Congrats on your steller recovery from BK Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

i filed ch7 bk in 8/09 and included several chase accounts. i have not applied with them for any cards post bk because i feared they would blacklist me especially since a couple of those accounts were filed as lawsuits. i am waiting to see who else chimes in also.

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
compassion101
Established Contributor

I included chase in my BK in '04. I had a WAMU card that converted to Chase in '08/09. I've had 2 small CLI on the cards and a product change recently to a Freedom card. My scores are 720ish.

I'm pretty certain they keep a record of your previous accounts more than 10 years and may have an impact on decisions, but don't think it blacklists you 100%

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.