cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Med. Collection IIB, reporting another account IIB...

tag
eekamouse

Med. Collection IIB, reporting another account IIB...

So, my report initially had 2 accounts showing balances, they were then updated to IIB upon justified dispute-they were included. So now, they found another account that was IIB and are going to report that too. SO it will be a new report, of a discharged debt, they never reported it before, but since I GW'd them to get one of the others removed and they said absolutely not, now they are going to report this one too. It will report as IIB, but still, won't that affect me since it would be a new collection, albeit with zero balance IIB?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

Re: Med. Collection IIB, reporting another account IIB...

@eekamouse wrote:
So, my report initially had 2 accounts showing balances, they were then updated to IIB upon justified dispute-they were included. So now, they found another account that was IIB and are going to report that too. SO it will be a new report, of a discharged debt, they never reported it before, but since I GW'd them to get one of the others removed and they said absolutely not, now they are going to report this one too. It will report as IIB, but still, won't that affect me since it would be a new collection, albeit with zero balance IIB?

It's a little difficult to understand your post, but are you saying...

You filed bankruptcy sometime in the past, included accounts. You ran a report and found two delinquent accounts that showed balances after the bankruptcy. You filed a dispute, and both were confirmed and updated to show included in bankruptcy with a zero balance.

There actually should have been three accounts in the first place, but one never was reported for whatever reason. However (likely due to the claim process) the third account was found, and reported to the bureau as included in bankruptcy with a zero balance.

Your question: Are you going to be negatively impacted due to the addition of the third tradeline, even though it's zero and included in bankruptcy?

The answer (if I have everything right) is...it depends.

If you file bankruptcy some years ago (more than 3), it's discharged, and the collection shows from a long time ago, you shouldn't be impacted to a significant degree. However if all of this happened recently, you will see some impact. Nothing you can do about it if the tradeline is valid but just got overlooked.
Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.