Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting W/Creditors Court Date Coming Up

tag
missgaonmymind
Contributor

Meeting W/Creditors Court Date Coming Up

I would like to know what to expect when I go to court this week to meet w/creditors. I did include my car on the bankruptcy, will they try to take possession at that point? I am hoping to keep the car as close to my discharge as possible.

Current score post Ch 7 10/28/14 discharge : EQ: 729 TU 737 EX 725
Goal scores: 800

Chase Sapphire Preferred- $14k Capital One Venture- $10k; Capital One Spark Business- $5k; Discover IT: $11k, Discover Chrome- $14.5k; Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $7.1k; Navy Federal Go Rewards- $12.4k; AMEX Gold; AMEX SkyMiles Plat- $5k; Macy’s AMEX- $12k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Meeting W/Creditors Court Date Coming Up

When you file BK an automatic stay is put in place that all the creditors have to obey. No taking of anything happens while the automatic stay is in place. In order for the creditor to take the vehicle they would have to file a motion with the court - a motion to lift the stay.

Here is a better explanation in this link:  http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/creditor-lift-remove-bankruptcy-automatic-stay.html

Message 2 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Im assuming this is the 341 meeting? What do you mean meeting with the creditors? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 5
missgaonmymind
Contributor

I was confused as well that it was labeled this when I called the automated system to find out. But I'm assuming that's what this is

Current score post Ch 7 10/28/14 discharge : EQ: 729 TU 737 EX 725
Goal scores: 800

Chase Sapphire Preferred- $14k Capital One Venture- $10k; Capital One Spark Business- $5k; Discover IT: $11k, Discover Chrome- $14.5k; Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $7.1k; Navy Federal Go Rewards- $12.4k; AMEX Gold; AMEX SkyMiles Plat- $5k; Macy’s AMEX- $12k
Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, the 341 meeting is also called the meeting of the creditors.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.